Manager AlcoholLocation Batavia, IL, USA, 60510 Apply Now
We're ALDI, one of America's favorite grocers. We've grown a lot in the past few years, expanding our reach and customer base all around the country. Whether it's in customer service or our exceptional products, we owe our success to the efficiencies we create in every corner of our company and the people at each level who make that happen.
Corporate Buying is the team dedicated to acquiring the goods that our ALDI customers count on. Beyond working to secure quality products at the lowest possible prices through our Buying and support teams (Administration, Pricing / E-commerce, Merchandising, Market Research and Analytics), our teams ensure we are providing the best value and quality in everything we do.
Position Type: Full-Time
Duties and Responsibilities:
Must be able to perform duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
• Assures the training, development, and performance of their team’s staff to retain a motivated, professional workforce that achieves their career objectives.
• Recruits and recommends qualified employees for their team’s staff positions.
• Approves all time-off requests for direct reports.
• Establishes and communicates job responsibilities and performance expectations to their team to assure mutual understanding of desired results; resolves internal or external barriers that prohibit successful goal achievement.
• Understands the overarching company strategy, as well as communicates and models the core values, of the organization to create a sense of teamwork and membership among employees.
• Consults with leadership on the development of their team's strategy.
• Advises leadership to source external vendors for applicable services when appropriate.
• Liaises with regions to ensure timely and efficient communication flow.
• Consults with the business to effectively design and streamline applicable processes within the organization.
• Keeps up-to-date on external best practices and relevant changes to their field/area; communicates updates to leadership.
• Researches and analyzes data, trends, and market changes to be used in negotiation, decision making, planning, and forecasting to enable leadership to make decisions based on key analytical drivers.
• Makes recommendations on costs, the listing and delisting of suppliers and products, quantities, contract duration, and retails.
• Manages distribution networks by eliminating out of stock products in order to increase sales.
• Maintains positive relationships with internal personnel and external suppliers and locates additional suppliers where necessary.
• Manages their team by driving projects and tasks to completion through effective prioritization, work planning, resource allocation, and cross-functional collaboration.
• Identifies cost-saving opportunities and potential process improvements.
• Serves as the primary link between their team’s staff and leadership to assure understanding of company goals, objectives, and opportunities for improvement.
• Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor's Degree in Business or a related field.
• A minimum of 5 years of progressive experience in Business, Supply Chain, Distribution, or a related field and retail operations.
• A combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge.
• Ability to develop rapport, trust, and open communication that enhances the growth and performance of direct reports.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Prepares written materials to meet audience and purpose.
• Thinks critically and analytically.
• Understands market analysis.
• Effective time management; maximizes productivity.
• Works cooperatively and collaboratively within a group.
• Ability to stay organized and multi-task in a professional and efficient manner.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment, consistently meeting deadlines and remaining calm under pressure.
• Understanding of the Alcohol Distribution three-tier system.
ALDI offers competitive wages and benefits, including:
- Industry-leading Wages
- Major Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance & Prescription Coverage for Eligible Employees
- Generous Vacation Time & 7 Paid Holidays
- 401(k) Plan
- Company Contribution to Retirement Savings Plan
- Short- and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Life & Disability Insurance
ALDI is committed to equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. As a proud Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), we do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual stereotyping, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), or any other protected characteristic.