Manager QA - Facilities and Certifications
1200 N Kirk Rd, Batavia, IL, USA, 60510
We're ALDI, one of America's favorite grocers. We've grown a lot in the past few years, expanding our reach and customer base all around the country. Whether it's in customer service or our exceptional products, we owe our success to the efficiencies we create in every corner of our company and the people at each level who make that happen.
The best products at the lowest possible prices? That’s no small task. And to do it right we need a strong, dedicated Quality Assurance team. On it, you’ll make sure everything we do is on point, from products to packaging to infrastructure. Our guarantee is more important than ever, and that means you have a big opportunity to make a difference.
Position Type: Full-Time
Duties and Responsibilities:
Must be able to perform duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
• Works with leadership to develop testing requirements across relevant commodity groups.
• Assures the training, development, and performance of their team’s staff to retain a motivated, professional workforce that achieves their career objectives.
• Recruits and recommends qualified employees for their team’s staff positions.
• Approves all time-off requests for direct reports.
• Establishes and communicates job responsibilities and performance expectations to their team to assure mutual understanding of desired results; resolves internal or external barriers that prohibit successful goal achievement.
• Understands the overarching company strategy, as well as communicates and models the core values, of the organization to create a sense of teamwork and membership among employees.
• Investigates product complaints and makes recommendations to the appropriate parties.
• Communicates information necessary to conform to all provisions of food and non-food legislation regarding the composition of products and labeling.
• Provides information necessary to make decisions on releasing or rejecting shipments based on product and product evaluations.
• Communicates product changes necessary to keep the Product Specification up to date and to ensure compliance with all legal requirements.
• Recommends Emergency Product Withdrawals and Stop Sales within area of responsibility.
• Consults with leadership on the development of their team's strategy.
• Advises leadership to source external vendors for applicable services when appropriate.
• Liaises with regions to ensure timely and efficient communication flow.
• Consults with the business to effectively design and streamline applicable processes within the organization.
• Keeps up-to-date on external best practices and relevant changes to their field/area; communicates updates to leadership.
• Contributes to the International QA Committee and participates in special committees as required.
• Establishes a system to analyze third party audits, commissions third-party test laboratories to conduct product tests in a cost-effective manner, and recommends the extent of product testing while assuring compliance with specific standards, laws, regulations and internal instructions.
• Supports the implementation and maintenance of a quality system, develops and maintains a Quality Assurance manual, including the Emergency Product Withdrawal procedure.
• Manages and maintains Product Specifications for the Corporate Buying Department.
• Recommends the Quality Assessment of received items regarding the type and number of checks conducted, as well as the evaluation of the results, taking into consideration the inherent product risk and supplier’s quality performance.
• Communicates with external laboratories with regard to test plans, deadlines and testing.
• Controls department records and evaluates test reports and statements with regard to technical accuracy, correctness, completeness and credibility.
• Manages their team by driving projects and tasks to completion through effective prioritization, work planning, resource allocation, and cross-functional collaboration.
• Identifies cost-saving opportunities and potential process improvements.
• Serves as the primary link between their team’s staff and leadership to assure understanding of company goals, objectives, and opportunities for improvement.
• Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor's Degree in Food Science, Microbiology, Food and Nutrition, Public Health, Engineering, or a related field.
• A minimum of 5 years of progressive experience in Quality Assurance and retail operations.
• Previous management experience.
• A combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge.
• Previous retail, manufacturing, or third party auditing experience preferred.
• Advanced knowledge of federal and state regulatory requirements involving FSMA, FDA, USDA, HACCP.
• Advanced knowledge of audit requirements for GFSI, GMP, and HACCP.
• Develops and maintains positive relationships with internal and external parties.
• Problem-solving skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Prepares written materials to meet purpose and audience.
• Ability to stay organized and multi-task in an efficient and professional manner.
• Gives attention to detail.
• Minimal travel as needed.
ALDI offers competitive wages and benefits, including:
- Industry-leading Wages
- Major Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance & Prescription Coverage for Eligible Employees
- Generous Vacation Time & 7 Paid Holidays for Eligible Employees
- 401(k) Plan
- Company Contribution to Retirement Savings Plan
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance for Eligible Employees
- Life and AD&D Insurance for Eligible Employees
ALDI is committed to equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. As a proud Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), we do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual stereotyping, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), or any other protected characteristic. Employment may be contingent upon ALDI’s receipt of an acceptable and job-related background check, drug test, motor vehicle report, and/or reference check, as applicable and permissible by law.