Manager QA - Facilities and Certifications
1200 N Kirk Rd, Batavia, IL, USA, 60510
We're ALDI, one of America's favorite grocers. We've grown a lot in the past few years, expanding our reach and customer base all around the country. Whether it's in customer service or our exceptional products, we owe our success to the efficiencies we create in every corner of our company and the people at each level who make that happen.
The best products at the lowest possible prices? That’s no small task. And to do it right we need a strong, dedicated Quality Assurance team. On it, you’ll make sure everything we do is on point, from products to packaging to infrastructure. Our guarantee is more important than ever, and that means you have a big opportunity to make a difference.
Position Type: Full-Time
Duties and Responsibilities:
Must be able to perform duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
• Provides leadership, guidance and mentoring to employees in the QA department.
• Responsible for supplier qualifications, risk assessments and supplier facility conformance.
• Develops and maintains the Foreign Supplier Verification Program.
• Develops and oversees the supplier qualification program including FSMA rules where applicable.
• Provides oversight for the accuracy, timeliness and completeness of supplier facility and certification records.
• Provides support as knowledge resource for certification standards.
• Manages customer complaint trending and investigation program.
• Represents QA on internal teams in order to respond to complicated consumer, media, and other external organization inquiries about products, claims, nutrition or labeling information.
• Proactively and continuously improves internal programs and processes.
• Collaborates and influences cross functionally and globally to create alignment of QA programs across the company.
• Supports internal inspection activities as needed.
• Assures the training, development, and performance of their team’s staff to retain a motivated, professional workforce that achieves their career objectives.
• Approves all time-off requests for direct reports.
• Establishes and communicates job responsibilities and performance expectations to their team to assure mutual understanding of desired results; resolves internal or external barriers that prohibit successful goal achievement.
• Understands the overarching company strategy, as well as communicates and models the core values, of the organization to create a sense of teamwork and membership among employees.
• Investigates product complaints and makes recommendations to the appropriate parties.
• Communicates information necessary to conform to all provisions of food and non-food legislation regarding the composition of products and labeling.
• Provides information necessary to make decisions on releasing or rejecting shipments based on product and product evaluations.
• Recommends Emergency Product Withdrawals and Stop Sales within area of responsibility.
• Consults with leadership on the development of their team's strategy.
• Advises leadership to source external vendors for applicable services when appropriate.
• Liaises with regions to ensure timely and efficient communication flow.
• Consults with the business to effectively design and streamline applicable processes within the organization.
• Keeps up-to-date on external best practices and relevant changes to their field/area; communicates updates to leadership.
• Contributes to the International QA Committee and participates in special committees as required.
• Supports the implementation and maintenance of a quality system, develops and maintains a Quality Assurance manual, including the Emergency Product Withdrawal procedure.
• Recommends the Quality Assessment of received items regarding the type and number of checks conducted, as well as the evaluation of the results, taking into consideration the inherent product risk and supplier’s quality performance.
• Manages their team by driving projects and tasks to completion through effective prioritization, work planning, resource allocation, and cross-functional collaboration.
• Identifies cost-saving opportunities and potential process improvements.
• Serves as the primary link between their team’s staff and leadership to assure understanding of company goals, objectives, and opportunities for improvement.
• Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor's Degree in Food Science, Microbiology, Food and Nutrition, Public Health, Engineering, or a related field.
• A minimum of 5 years of progressive experience in Quality Assurance and retail operations.
• Previous retail, manufacturing or third party auditing experience required.
• A combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge.
• Prior management experience preferred.
• Advanced knowledge of federal and state regulatory requirements involving FSMA, FDA, USDA, HACCP.
• Advanced knowledge of audit requirements for GFSI, GMP, and HACCP.
• Develops and maintains positive relationships with internal and external parties.
• Problem-solving skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Prepares written materials to meet purpose and audience.
• Ability to stay organized and multi-task in an efficient and professional manner.
• Gives attention to detail.
• Minimal travel as needed.
ALDI offers competitive wages and benefits, including:
- Industry-leading Wages
- Major Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance & Prescription Coverage for Eligible Employees
- Generous Vacation Time & 7 Paid Holidays for Eligible Employees
- 401(k) Plan
- Company Contribution to Retirement Savings Plan
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance for Eligible Employees
- Life and AD&D Insurance for Eligible Employees
ALDI is committed to equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. As a proud Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), we do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual stereotyping, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), or any other protected characteristic. Employment may be contingent upon ALDI’s receipt of an acceptable and job-related drug test, motor vehicle report, and/or reference check, as applicable and permissible by law.