Market Research and Analytics Analyst
1200 N Kirk Rd, Batavia, IL, USA, 60510
We're ALDI, one of America's favorite grocers. We've grown a lot in the past few years, expanding our reach and customer base all around the country. Whether it's in customer service or our exceptional products, we owe our success to the efficiencies we create in every corner of our company and the people at each level who make that happen.
National Buying Services is the department dedicated to acquiring the goods that our ALDI customers count on. Beyond working to secure quality products at the lowest possible prices through our Buying and support teams (Administration, Pricing / E-commerce, Merchandising, Market Research and Analytics), our teams ensure we are providing the best value and quality in everything we do.
Position Type: Full-Time
Duties and Responsibilities:
Must be able to perform duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
• Identify, analyze, and interpret sales and customer trends/patterns to communicate recommendations in a clear and concise manner.
• Perform ad-hoc analysis by gathering and organizing data into meaningful insights to enable decision making.
• Gather primary and secondary data and regularly report on internal (KPIs) and external (market/shopper) metrics.
• Determine promotional effectiveness by measuring the effect on units sold and overall basket.
• Identifies and recommends process improvements within area of responsibility.
• Understands analytical requirements and prepares reports accordingly.
• Analyzes work procedures with the objective of driving simplicity and effectiveness.
• Effectively communicates status and creates required project reporting for all appropriate participants.
• Collaborates with team members and communicates relevant information to leadership.
• Upholds the security and confidentiality of documents and data within area of responsibility.
• Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor's Degree in Business or a related field.
• A minimum of 3 years of progressive experience in qualitative research, quantitative research, data science, or related experience.
• A combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge.
• Related fields/experience may include, but not limited to: Data Analytics, Market Basket Analysis, Pricing and Promotion Effectiveness, Financial Analysis, Category Management Analysis
• Advanced skill level with Excel and Power Point.
• Experience with BI tools such as Tableau, Power BI and Alteryx.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to communicate effectively across many levels of the business and work with cross-functional teams.
• Ability to prepare executive-level recommendations and reports.
• A self-starter with the ability to prioritize duties among multiple, concurrent projects.
• Strategic and critical thinker with high emphasis in accuracy and urgency.
• Knowledge of SQL, R and Python preferred.
• Prior exposure to retail or CPG organizations preferred.
• Experience with third party syndicated data (Nielsen/IRI) a plus.
• Ability to interpret and apply company policies and procedures.
• Prepares written materials to meet purpose and audience.
• Develops and maintains positive relationships with internal and external parties.
• Understands cost/benefit analysis.
• Ability to stay organized and multi-task in a professional and efficient manner.
• Gives attention to detail and follows instructions.
• Problem-solving skills.
• Works cooperatively and collaboratively within a group.
• Development and execution project plans; delivery of key tracks/segments.
ALDI offers competitive wages and benefits, including:
- 401(k) Plan
- Company 401(k) Matching Contributions
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- PerkSpot National Employee Discount Program
In addition, eligible employees are offered:
- Medical, Prescription, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Generous Vacation Time & 7 Paid Holidays
- Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Life, Dependent Life and AD&D Insurance
- Voluntary Term Life Insurance
ALDI is committed to equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. As a proud Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), we do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual stereotyping, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), or any other protected characteristic. Employment may be contingent upon ALDI's receipt of an acceptable and job-related drug test, motor vehicle report, and/or reference check, as applicable and permissible by law.