Marketing Assistant - Advertising Content
1200 N Kirk Rd, Batavia, IL, USA, 60510
We're ALDI, one of America's favorite grocers. We've grown a lot in the past few years, expanding our reach and customer base all around the country. Whether it's in customer service or our exceptional products, we owe our success to the efficiencies we create in every corner of our company and the people at each level who make that happen.
We have a message to get out: we’re growing. Fast. By 2022, we plan to have 2,500 stores in communities all across the country. That’s why we need people dedicated to helping us connect with our new customers and keeping our current customers coming back for more! On our Marketing, Advertising and PR teams, you can do just that, showing the nation just what kind of company we are. With a thriving organization like ours, this can make for a rewarding career.
Position Type: Full-Time
Starting Wage: $23.10/hour
Duties and Responsibilities:
Must be able to perform duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
• Reviews and evaluates creative content to ensure accuracy to specs and brand guidelines.
• Liaises and collaborates with media teams to gather information for any new media opportunities.
• Provides administrative support to leadership and personnel.
• Performs all assigned tasks accurately, efficiently, and within company policies and procedures.
• Monitors timelines to ensure deadlines are met for marketing programs.
• Monitors competitive environment, trends, advertising, promotions and initiatives for each division.
• Assists in the preparation of topics and materials for department and agency meetings.
• Assists in creating, editing, and reviewing department correspondence, ensuring accurate content and timely distribution.
• Assists with database management, report generation and creative rotation and media spreadsheets.
• Evaluates invoices for accuracy, resolves discrepancies, and prepares for approval.
• Collaborates with team members and communicates relevant information to direct leader.
• Upholds the security and confidentiality of documents and data within area of responsibility.
• Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
• Associate's Degree in Marketing or a related field.
• A minimum of 3 years of relevant experience.
• Experience in content creation in new media channels.
• A combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Prepares written materials to meet purpose and audience.
• Develops and maintains positive relationships with internal and external parties.
• Problem-solving skills.
• Gives attention to detail and follows instructions.
• Ability to stay organized and multi-task in a professional and efficient manner.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
• Knowledge of the products and services of the company.
• Establishes goals and works toward achievement.
• Works cooperatively and collaboratively within a group.
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment, consistently meeting deadlines and remaining calm under pressure.
ALDI offers competitive wages and benefits, including:
- Industry-leading Wages
- Major Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance & Prescription Coverage for Eligible Employees
- Generous Vacation Time & 7 Paid Holidays for Eligible Employees
- 401(k) Plan
- Company Contribution to Retirement Savings Plan
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance for Eligible Employees
- Life and AD&D Insurance for Eligible Employees
ALDI is committed to equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. As a proud Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), we do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual stereotyping, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), or any other protected characteristic. Employment may be contingent upon ALDI’s receipt of an acceptable and job-related drug test, motor vehicle report, and/or reference check, as applicable and permissible by law.