1200 N Kirk Rd, Batavia, IL, USA, 60510
We're ALDI, one of America's favorite grocers. We've grown a lot in the past few years, expanding our reach and customer base all around the country. Whether it's in customer service or our exceptional products, we owe our success to the efficiencies we create in every corner of our company and the people at each level who make that happen.
Corporate Buying is the team dedicated to acquiring the goods that our ALDI customers count on. Beyond working to secure quality products at the lowest possible prices through our Buying and support teams (Administration, Pricing / E-commerce, Merchandising, Market Research and Analytics), our teams ensure we are providing the best value and quality in everything we do.
Position Type: Full-Time
Starting Wage: $24.00/hour
Duties and Responsibilities:
Must be able to perform duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
• Ensures all merchandising plans are profitable, operationally efficient, customer focused and appropriate in terms of product mix, style and the trading environment of our stores.
• Develops, builds, and maintains accurate product databases ensuring all product dimensions and images are up to date and live in the database at all times.
• Develops, builds, and maintains planograms utilizing the Spaceman Professional software.
• Maintains various product categories and check-lane sets within Spaceman.
• Ensures all planograms are updated based on specific promotions and deadlines throughout the year.
• Reviews planogram performance and space allocations by providing reports and analysis to their leader.
• Collaborates with team members and communicates relevant information to direct leader.
• Upholds the security and confidentiality of documents and data within area of responsibility.
• Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
• Associate's Degree in Merchandising, Business, or a related field.
• A minimum of 1 year of relevant experience.
• A combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge.
• Experience in Spaceman Shelf Management Software, Nielsen, and/or AutoCAD preferred.
Job Qualifications: Knowledge/Skills/Abilities
• Problem-solving skills.
• Effective time management; maximizes productivity.
• Establishes goals and works toward achievement.
• Ability to stay organized and multi-task in a professional and efficient manner.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to interpret and apply company policies and procedures.
• Knowledge of products and services of the company.
ALDI offers competitive wages and benefits, including:
- 401(k) Plan
- Company 401(k) Matching Contributions
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- PerkSpot National Employee Discount Program
In addition, eligible employees are offered:
- Medical, Prescription, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Generous Vacation Time & 7 Paid Holidays
- Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Life, Dependent Life and AD&D Insurance
- Voluntary Term Life Insurance
ALDI is committed to equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. As a proud Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), we do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual stereotyping, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), or any other protected characteristic. Employment may be contingent upon ALDI's receipt of an acceptable and job-related drug test, motor vehicle report, and/or reference check, as applicable and permissible by law.