National Buying Director
1200 N Kirk Rd, Batavia, IL, USA, 60510
We’re in search of a dynamic, focused and results-driven executive to join us in the Buying Director role as we grow our centralized National Buying team. Your skills and experience will guide you in this role as you monitor market trends, develop and execute category strategies, make buying recommendations and work closely with your supply base. You’ll also take on the responsibility of managing a team and collaborating across multiple centralized departments, such as Corporate Responsibility, Quality, Pricing and Supply Chain.
As a Buying Director, you’ll need to be a skilled negotiator, confident in working with and sourcing suppliers. Your ability to drive innovation and deliver solutions is essential to your role. Delivering high-quality products at the best prices to our customers will be your primary focus.
A successful Buying Director at ALDI will be a dynamic leader who takes ownership of decisions, executes consistently and ultimately taking responsibility for results. Your negotiation skills will be essential as you deliver financial targets, while ensuring optimal product quality. ALDI prides itself on a cost-conscious mindset, so you’ll need to embody this as you pursue your goals and meet the needs of our internal and external customers.
You’ll lead the way:
Our culture is based on empowering all of our people always improving as individuals and as a team, and working together for our customers and for our community. As a Buying Director, you’ll lead your team by fostering a cooperative leadership style that empowers and motivates. By setting clear expectations and direction, you’ll develop rapport, trust and open communication that will ensure the members of your team grow and achieve their career goals.
Communicating with Impact:
• Communicate clearly and effectively in written, non-verbal and verbal communications
• Create and maintain mutually beneficial relationships with internal and external stakeholders
• Source, develop and manage suppliers
• Communicate and support the overarching company strategy
• Communicate and model the core values of the organization
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor's Degree in Business, Marketing or a related field required.
• A minimum of 3-5 years of progressive experience in Grocery industry (Retail or Supply).
• Prior leadership experience
Position type: Full Time
Travel: Minimal travel as needed
ALDI offers competitive wages and benefits, including:
- 401(k) Plan
- Company 401(k) Matching Contributions
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- PerkSpot National Employee Discount Program
In addition, eligible employees are offered:
- Medical, Prescription, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Generous Vacation Time & 7 Paid Holidays
- Up to 6 Weeks Paid Parental Leave at 100% of pay
- Up to 2 Weeks Paid Caregiver Leave at 100% of pay
- Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Life, Dependent Life and AD&D Insurance
- Voluntary Term Life Insurance
ALDI is committed to equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. As a proud Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), we do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual stereotyping, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), or any other protected characteristic. Employment may be contingent upon ALDI's receipt of an acceptable and job-related drug test, motor vehicle report, and/or reference check, as applicable and permissible by law.
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Keep up on all the latest opportunities at ALDI.Sign Up