1200 N Kirk Rd, Batavia, IL, USA, 60510
We're ALDI, one of America's favorite grocers. We've grown a lot in the past few years, expanding our reach and customer base all around the country. Whether it's in customer service or our exceptional products, we owe our success to the efficiencies we create in every corner of our company and the people at each level who make that happen.
National Buying Services is the department dedicated to acquiring the goods that our ALDI customers count on. Beyond working to secure quality products at the lowest possible prices through our Buying and support teams (Administration, Pricing / E-commerce, Merchandising, Market Research and Analytics), our teams ensure we are providing the best value and quality in everything we do.
Position Type: Full-Time
Duties and Responsibilities:
Must be able to perform duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
• Provide support to the Buying department and divisional Purchasing teams to help develop the sales and profitability of the company. Contributes to Pricing projects and drives related tasks.
• Identifies and notifies their direct leader of recurring issues or when additional training is required for the team.
• Recommends process improvements for area of responsibility.
• Maintains a thorough understanding of the company and National Buying department to effectively communicate with divisions and external vendors.
• Assists with projects, including documentation, training, and deployment.
• Analyzes work procedures with the objective of driving simplicity through best practices without sacrificing effectiveness.
• Acts as a mentor to other team members.
• Participates in project or committee meetings as required.
• Performs all assigned tasks accurately, efficiently, and within company and department policies and procedures.
• Identifies, analyzes, and interprets product and pricing trends to provide recommendations in a clear and concise manner.
• Manipulates and queries large-scale, high-dimensional data in order to meet business needs and influence future business decisions.
• Compiles data from disparate data sources, creating and maintaining data models in order to identify and explain trends within pricing.
• Establishes relationships between structured and unstructured databases, to generate data-sets utilized by multiple business units.
• Creates and manages complex Tableau dashboards to assist in driving business decisions.
• Leverages advanced Microsoft Excel skills and ETL tools to acquire data from various company databases.
• Works cross-functionally with internal analytics teams to align analysis measurement methodologies and reporting strategies.
• Performs ad-hoc analysis by gathering and organizing data into meaningful insights to enable decision-making.
• Understands analytical requirements and prepares reports accordingly.
• Communicates status effectively and creates required project reporting for all appropriate participants.
• Collaborates with team members and communicates relevant information to leadership.
• Upholds the security and confidentiality of documents and data within area of responsibility.
• Drives for Success: Seizes opportunities and proactively takes concrete actions to complete tasks. Goes the “extra mile” and persistently overcomes obstacles to improve outputs.
• Focuses on the Customer: Seeks to understand underlying customer needs to create value. Drives the team to maintain focus on customers.
• Focuses on Quality: Takes an efficient, analytical approach to solve problems or produce outputs in an accurate and timely manner. Ensures quality and accuracy of results.
• Manages and Supports Projects: Effectively plans, executes and supports project needs to support management and the larger ALDI business.
• Organizes and Executes with Accuracy: Leverages a systematic, efficient and organized approach while ensuring quality and accuracy of results.
• Gives attention to detail and follows instruction.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Effective time management; maximizes productivity.
• Prepares written materials to meet purpose and audience.
• Develops and maintains positive relationships with internal and external parties.
• Ability to quickly learn new systems and analytical tools.
• Analyzes and interprets data.
• Works cooperatively and collaboratively within a group.
• Ability to communicate effectively across many levels of the business and work with cross-functional teams.
• Understands cost/benefit analysis.
• Advanced skill level with Excel and Power Point.
• Experience with BI tools such as Tableau, Power BI and Alteryx.
• Knowledge of SQL, R and Python preferred.
• Works cooperatively and collaboratively within a group.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor's Degree in Business, Economics, Data Science or a related field.
• A minimum of 3 years of progressive experience in Pricing.
• Or, a combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge.
• Work is performed in an office environment where a computer, telephone and other office equipment are used as needed to perform duties.
• Regularly required to sit, reach, grasp, stand and move from one area to another.
• Constantly and repeatedly use keyboard/mouse.
• Occasionally required to push, pull, bend, lift and move up to 25 lbs.
• No travel required.
ALDI offers competitive wages and benefits, including:
- 401(k) Plan
- Company 401(k) Matching Contributions
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- PerkSpot National Employee Discount Program
In addition, eligible employees are offered:
- Medical, Prescription, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Generous Vacation Time & 7 Paid Holidays
- Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Life, Dependent Life and AD&D Insurance
- Voluntary Term Life Insurance
ALDI is committed to equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. As a proud Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), we do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual stereotyping, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), or any other protected characteristic. Employment may be contingent upon ALDI's receipt of an acceptable and job-related drug test, motor vehicle report, and/or reference check, as applicable and permissible by law.