1200 N Kirk Rd, Batavia, IL, USA, 60510
We're ALDI, one of America's favorite grocers. We've grown a lot in the past few years, expanding our reach and customer base all around the country. Whether it's in customer service or our exceptional products, we owe our success to the efficiencies we create in every corner of our company and the people at each level who make that happen.
National Buying Services is the department dedicated to acquiring the goods that our ALDI customers count on. Beyond working to secure quality products at the lowest possible prices through our Buying and support teams (Administration, Pricing / E-commerce, Merchandising, Market Research and Analytics), our teams ensure we are providing the best value and quality in everything we do.
Position Type: Full-Time
Duties and Responsibilities:
Must be able to perform duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
• Deliver support to the Buying department and divisional Purchasing teams to help develop the sales and profitability of the company, assist with Pricing projects, and complete Pricing tasks.
• Maintains a thorough understanding of the company and Buying department to effectively communicate with divisions and external vendors.
• Communicates and models the vision and values of the organization to create a proper work environment and sense of teamwork among employees.
• Participates in project or committee meetings as required.
• Performs all assigned tasks accurately, efficiently, and within company and department policies and procedures.
• Utilizes pricing software and tools to execute pricing strategy.
• Identifies, analyzes, and interprets product and pricing trends to provide recommendations in a clear and concise manner.
• Participates in the support of new and existing software solutions, including the testing and deployment of minor changes and major upgrades.
• Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with a group of individuals to foster successful and effective output.
• Assesses competitive retails collected by 3rd party vendor for accuracy.
• Addresses inaccuracy with vendor to find proper resolution.
• Assists in the creation and revision of various Standard Operating Procedures to ensure accuracy and consistency amongst the team; Cross-Trains peers.
• Supports the Team in the creation of various proposals, memos and presentations by accurately collecting requested data.
• Recommends process improvement for area of responsibility.
• Collaborates with team members and communicates relevant information to direct leader.
• Upholds the security and confidentiality of documents and data within area of responsibility.
• Drives for Success: Seizes opportunities and proactively takes concrete actions to complete tasks. Goes the “extra mile” and persistently overcomes obstacles to improve outputs.
• Focuses on the Customer: Seeks to understand underlying customer needs to create value. Drives the team to maintain focus on customers.
• Focuses on Quality: Takes an efficient, analytical approach to solve problems or produce outputs in an accurate and timely manner. Ensures quality and accuracy of results.
• Manages and Supports Projects: Effectively plans, executes and supports project needs to support management and the larger ALDI business.
• Organizes and Executes with Accuracy: Leverages a systematic, efficient and organized approach while ensuring quality and accuracy of results.
• Gives attention to detail and follows instruction.
• Ability to stay organized and multi-task efficiently.
• Ability to work both independently and within a team environment.
• Establishes goals and works toward achievement.
• Effective time management; maximizes productivity.
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft excel including formulas, Pivot tables, Lookups and Data Queries.
• Ability to create intricate Excel workbooks and presenting to management.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Prepares written materials to meet purpose and audience.
• Develops and maintains positive relationships with internal and external parties.
• Effective organizational and time management skills to deliver on-time and accurate analysis.
• Understands the strategy, organizational authority, interdependence of job duties, systems, and services of the company.
• Works cooperatively and collaboratively within a group.
Education and Experience:
• Associate's Degree in Business or a related field.
• A minimum of 3 years of relevant experience.
• Or, a combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge.
• Advanced Excel proficiency preferred.
• Work is performed in an office environment where a computer, telephone and other office equipment are used as needed to perform duties.
• Regularly required to sit, reach, grasp, stand and move from one area to another.
• Constantly and repeatedly use keyboard/mouse.
• Occasionally required to push, pull, bend, lift and move up to 25 lbs.
• No travel required.
ALDI offers competitive wages and benefits, including:
- 401(k) Plan
- Company 401(k) Matching Contributions
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- PerkSpot National Employee Discount Program
In addition, eligible employees are offered:
- Medical, Prescription, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Generous Vacation Time & 7 Paid Holidays
- Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Life, Dependent Life and AD&D Insurance
- Voluntary Term Life Insurance
ALDI is committed to equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. As a proud Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), we do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual stereotyping, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), or any other protected characteristic. Employment may be contingent upon ALDI's receipt of an acceptable and job-related drug test, motor vehicle report, and/or reference check, as applicable and permissible by law.