Produce Pricing Specialist
1200 N Kirk Rd, Batavia, IL, USA, 60510
We're ALDI, one of America's favorite grocers. We've grown a lot in the past few years, expanding our reach and customer base all around the country. Whether it's in customer service or our exceptional products, we owe our success to the efficiencies we create in every corner of our company and the people at each level who make that happen.
Corporate Buying is the team dedicated to acquiring the goods that our ALDI customers count on. Beyond working to secure quality products at the lowest possible prices through our Buying and support teams (Administration, Pricing / E-commerce, Merchandising, Market Research and Analytics), our teams ensure we are providing the best value and quality in everything we do.
Position Type: Full-Time
Duties and Responsibilities:
Must be able to perform duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
• Recommends retails for both everyday retails and ad items, taking into consideration the overall produce retail strategy, margin targets and competitive retails.
• Collaborates with cross-functional teams (e.g. Marketing, Pricing, NIT/IIT) on various ad hoc requests.
• Recommends process improvements for area of responsibility.
• Oversees full Produce retail range for a specified region (approximately 4-5 divisions) or entire commodity group(s).
• Continuously evaluates the discount to market and summarize to team leadership.
• Monitors the produce competitive landscape within assigned Region.
• Assess competitive retails collected by 3rd party vendor for accuracy.
• Addresses inaccuracy with vendor to find proper resolution.
• Supports the Manager in the creation of various proposals, memos and presentations by accurately collecting requested data.
• Assists in the creation and revision of various Standard Operating Procedures to ensure accuracy and consistency amongst the team; Cross-Train peers.
• Performs all assigned tasks accurately, efficiently, and within company and department policies and procedures.
• Maintains a thorough understanding of the company and Produce Buying department to effectively communicate with divisions and external vendors.
• Participates in project or committee meetings as required.
• Looks for opportunities for efficiencies within the Produce Retail team’s every day routines and creates solutions.
• Communicates and models the vision and values of the organization to create a proper work environment and sense of teamwork among employees.
• Develops and maintains tools utilizing data connections to provide dynamic reports from various data sources.
• Identifies, collects, prepares and presents data for exploratory and explanatory analysis
• Creates analytically driven reports for various trials and projects.
• Interprets data and provide considerations & recommendations to management.
• Creates simplified data visualizations to be presented to Directors and Group Directors.
• Collaborates with team members and communicates relevant information to leadership.
• Upholds the security and confidentiality of documents and data within area of responsibility.
• Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor's Degree in Business or a related field.
• A minimum of 3 years of progressive experience in Produce Retail Strategy or related area.
• A combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge.
• Knowledge and thorough understanding of the produce retail strategy and ability to prepare reports accordingly.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Prepares written materials to meet purpose and audience.
• Develops and maintains positive relationships with internal and external parties.
• Effective time and resource management; maximizes productivity.
• Gives attention to detail and follows instructions.
• Understands the strategy, organizational authority, interdependence of job duties, systems, and services of the company.
• Problem-solving skills.
• Works cooperatively and collaboratively within a group.
ALDI offers competitive wages and benefits, including:
- 401(k) Plan
- Company 401(k) Matching Contributions
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- PerkSpot National Employee Discount Program
In addition, eligible employees are offered:
- Medical, Prescription, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Generous Vacation Time & 7 Paid Holidays
- Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Life, Dependent Life and AD&D Insurance
- Voluntary Term Life Insurance
ALDI is committed to equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. As a proud Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), we do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual stereotyping, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), or any other protected characteristic. Employment may be contingent upon ALDI's receipt of an acceptable and job-related drug test, motor vehicle report, and/or reference check, as applicable and permissible by law.