Project Specialist - Assortment
1200 N Kirk Rd, Batavia, IL, USA, 60510
National Buying Services is the department dedicated to acquiring the goods that our ALDI customers count on. Beyond working to secure quality products at the lowest possible prices through our Buying and support teams (Administration, Merchandising, Pricing, Quality Assurance, Analytics and more), our teams ensure we are providing the best value and quality in everything we do.
In this role the Project Specialist - Assortment will be responsible for optimizing buying applications to support the end to end product lifecycle. This position will liaise with multiple areas of the business both nationally and internationally. The ideal candidate will have experience working in SAP MDG, ARIBA and P360 and have knowledge of buying department processes.
Position Type: Full-Time
Work Location: Batavia, IL
This role is eligible to participate in ALDI’s Hybrid Work Program, which allows remote work up to 3days per week (i.e., work remotely up to 3 days per week; work in-office at least 2 days per week).
Duties and Responsibilities:
Must be able to perform duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
• Supports the deployment of Assortment projects to optimize buying applications and support the end to end product lifecycle.
• Trusted advisor for Assortment team on relevant buying systems and processes.
• Collaborates with department project leads and international colleagues to ensure new processes & system changes are feasible and communicates process & system changes to the appropriate audience(s).
• Liaises with the IT department regarding software updates, questions, concerns and suggestions.
• Recommends system & process improvements for area of responsibility.
• Evaluates current processes and programs, making recommendations as needed.
• Communicates software and process updates through department trainings, announcements, e-mails and staff meetings to the appropriate audience(s), both internally and externally.
• Creates new reports based on expertise of available data to satisfy ad hoc business requests.
• Audits system information to ensure standard procedures are followed and specific level of data integrity is achieved.
• Attends meetings and trainings for system and process.
• Attends international meetings when appropriate.
• Tests updates and new versions of database software.
• Collaborates with team members and communicates relevant information to leadership.
• Upholds the security and confidentiality of documents and data within area of responsibility.
• Other duties as assigned.
ALDI Acts Competencies:
Perform within ALDI Acts competencies as outlined below.
• Collaborates and Cooperates with Team: Commits to and supports a collaborative and high-performing working environment with peers and managers.
• Drives for Success: Seizes opportunities and proactively takes concrete actions to complete tasks. Goes the “extra mile” and persistently overcomes obstacles to improve outputs.
• Focuses on the Customer: Seeks to understand underlying customer needs to create value. Drives the team to maintain focus on customers.
• Focuses on Quality: Takes an efficient, analytical approach to solve problems or produce outputs in an accurate and timely manner. Ensures quality and accuracy of results.
• Plans and Prioritizes: Sets priorities and organizes information in order to efficiently and effectively get the job done.
• Gives attention to detail and follows instruction.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Effective time management; maximizes productivity.
• Prepares written materials to meet purpose and audience.
• Develops and maintains positive relationships with internal and external parties.
• Ability to execute tasks with minimal supervision.
• Maintains program information with use of program user rights.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor's Degree in Business or a related field required.
• A minimum of 3 years of progressive experience in Business Administration required.
• Knowledge in SAP, MDG, Ariba and P360 and buying department processes is preferred.
• Or, a combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge.
• Work is performed in an office environment where a computer, telephone and other office equipment are used as needed to perform duties.
• Regularly required to sit, reach, grasp, stand and move from one area to another.
• Constantly and repeatedly use keyboard/mouse.
• Occasionally required to push, pull, bend, lift and move up to 25 lbs.
• Local travel required.
• Up to 10%.
ALDI offers competitive wages and benefits, including:
- 401(k) Plan
- Company 401(k) Matching Contributions
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- PerkSpot National Employee Discount Program
In addition, eligible employees are offered:
- Medical, Prescription, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Generous Vacation Time & 7 Paid Holidays
- Up to 6 Weeks Paid Parental Leave at 100% of pay
- Up to 2 Weeks Paid Caregiver Leave at 100% of pay
- Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Life, Dependent Life and AD&D Insurance
- Voluntary Term Life Insurance
ALDI is committed to equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. As a proud Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), we do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual stereotyping, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), or any other protected characteristic. Employment may be contingent upon ALDI's receipt of an acceptable and job-related drug test, motor vehicle report, and/or reference check, as applicable and permissible by law.
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Keep up on all the latest opportunities at ALDI.Sign Up