Supply Chain Demand Planner - Analyst
1200 N Kirk Rd, Batavia, IL, USA, 60510
Every year, our trucks travel millions of miles taking products from warehouse to store. Our Supply Chain team navigates all the challenges that come with it. As we expand, this is your chance to join a team where your hard work is guaranteed to make a difference. The objective of this role is to manage and administer ALDI Supply Chain programs to economically secure product for the business to promote the company’s objectives of maximizing sales and controlling expenses. In addition, the position will assist with the advancement of Supply Chain initiatives in accordance with company guidelines.
Position Type: Full-Time
Work Location: Batavia, IL
This role is eligible to participate in ALDI’s Hybrid Work Program, which allows remote work up to 3 days per week (i.e., work remotely up to 3 days per week; work in-office at least 2 days per week)
Duties and Responsibilities:
Must be able to perform duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
• Manage the item forecasts at multiple levels within the hierarchy.
• Evaluate item-level statistical forecasts and support event-based movement related to promotional activity, and new product placement.
• Drive efficient purchasing execution and productive inventory by maintaining high forecast accuracy.
• Represent the Aldi supply chain organization to the Buying Organization and facilitate seamless integration between customer and Aldi order management processes and systems.
• Deliver targeted results for all category and DC performance metrics: forecast accuracy, fill rate, promotional execution, inventory turnover, and loss.
• Partner with the appropriate Buyer to integrate key demand into the overall DC/item forecasted need.
• Collaborate with the supply planning organization to insure alignment between forecast and execution.
• Utilize internal data to quickly recognize changes in item-level sales trends to drive a proactive response across the supply chain.
• Lead regularly scheduled meeting with leadership to review performance to KPI’s, growth opportunities and trends, new SKU offering inventory.
• Provide data driven insight and actionable feedback to all internal partners regarding quality/accuracy of event-based sales projections.
• Liaises with internal and external parties as required, maintaining positive stakeholder relationships.
• Supports direct leader in implementation of the Supply Chain Management strategy.
• Prioritizes tasks, takes responsibility for results, and uses escalation paths if needed.
• Provides cover for colleagues where necessary.
• Collaborates with team members and communicates relevant information to leadership.
• Upholds the security and confidentiality of documents and data within area of responsibility.
• Other duties as assigned.
ALDI Acts Competencies:
Perform within ALDI Acts competencies as outlined below.
• Drives for Success: Seizes opportunities and proactively takes concrete actions to complete tasks. Goes the “extra mile” and persistently overcomes obstacles to improve outputs.
• Focuses on the Customer: Seeks to understand underlying customer needs to create value. Drives the team to maintain focus on customers.
• Focuses on Quality: Takes an efficient, analytical approach to solve problems or produce outputs in an accurate and timely manner. Ensures quality and accuracy of results.
• Manages and Supports Projects: Effectively plans, executes and supports project needs to support management and the larger ALDI business.
• Organizes and Executes with Accuracy: Leverages a systematic, efficient and organized approach while ensuring quality and accuracy of results.
• Gives attention to detail and follows instruction.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Effective time management; maximizes productivity.
• Prepares written materials to meet purpose and audience.
• Develops and maintains positive relationships with internal and external parties.
• Proficient in a wide range of analytical, quantitative, and statistical techniques and tools to derive insights from large, complex data environments.
• Advanced Excel knowledge, including at least one programming language not to be limited to VBA, R, SQL or Python.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor's Degree in Business, Supply Chain or a related field required.
• A minimum of 3 years of progressive experience in Business required.
• Or, a combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge.
• Forecasting/planning experience in a high SKU environment utilizing advanced planning systems such as JDA Demand, SAP F&R, Logility, Oracle Demantra, Manhattan, etc.
• Solid understanding of applicable statistical concepts needed to appropriately “tune” forecasts.
• Outstanding analytical skills with demonstrated success organizing, analyzing, and accurately interpreting large amounts of data.
• Prior experience in retail industry and/or code sensitive product environment preferred.
• Outstanding communication (both verbal and written) and relationship management skills.
• Capable of influencing & educating organization on supply chain and forecasting success factors.
• Ability to prioritize workload to have the most significant impact on customer satisfaction and performance to KPI’s.
• Work is performed in an office environment where a computer, telephone and other office equipment are used as needed to perform duties.
• Regularly required to sit, reach, grasp, stand and move from one area to another.
• Constantly and repeatedly use keyboard/mouse.
• Occasionally required to push, pull, bend, lift and move up to 25 lbs.
• No travel required.
ALDI offers competitive wages and benefits, including:
- 401(k) Plan
- Company 401(k) Matching Contributions
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- PerkSpot National Employee Discount Program
In addition, eligible employees are offered:
- Medical, Prescription, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Generous Vacation Time & 7 Paid Holidays
- Up to 6 Weeks Paid Parental Leave at 100% of pay
- Up to 2 Weeks Paid Caregiver Leave at 100% of pay
- Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Life, Dependent Life and AD&D Insurance
- Voluntary Term Life Insurance
ALDI is committed to equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. As a proud Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), we do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual stereotyping, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), or any other protected characteristic. Employment may be contingent upon ALDI's receipt of an acceptable and job-related drug test, motor vehicle report, and/or reference check, as applicable and permissible by law.
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Keep up on all the latest opportunities at ALDI.Sign Up