Supply Chain Supervisor - Replenishment Execution
1200 N Kirk Rd, Batavia, IL, USA, 60510
Every year, our trucks travel millions of miles taking products from warehouse to store. Our Logistics team navigates all the challenges that comes with it. With a dedication to sustainability, you can help them find new ways to keep everything moving smoothly. As we expand, this is your chance to join a team where your hard work is guaranteed to make a difference. ALDI is one of the fastest-growing retailers in the nation and we are on course to become the third-largest U.S. grocery retailer by store count in 2022. That’s why we need dedicated people to navigate the supply chain challenges. As we expand, this is your chance to join a team where your hard work is guaranteed to make a difference.
The objective of this role is to manage and administer ALDI Supply Chain programs by economically securing product for the business, which in turn, promotes the company’s objectives of maximizing sales and controlling expenses. In addition, the position will assist with the advancement of numerous Supply Chain initiatives in accordance with company guidelines. As a Supply Chain Supervisor for Replenishment Execution (RE), you will be responsible for supervising the optimization of the replenishment of distribution centers and stores to meet defined business goals through timely order creation and handling of order exceptions. In addition to order management, the team members are responsible for availability monitoring and communications with distribution centers and stores. With a thriving organization like ours, this can make for a rewarding career.
Position Type: Full-Time
Work Location: Batavia, IL
This role is eligible to participate in ALDI’s Hybrid Work Program, which allows remote work up to 3 days per week (i.e., work remotely up to 3 days per week; work in-office at least 2 days per week).
Duties and Responsibilities:
Must be able to perform duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
• Approves time-off requests for direct reports.
• Identifies and implements best practices within the scope of their responsibilities utilizing insights from qualitative and quantitative data.
• Establishes and communicates job responsibilities and performance expectations to their direct reports to assure mutual understanding and desired results.
• Identifies training and development opportunities that will assist their direct reports in achieving enhanced performance.
• Understands the overarching company strategy, as well as communicates and models the core values of the organization, to create a sense of teamwork and membership among employees.
• Proposes changes to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of Supply Chain processes, strategies, and tactics; communicates approved changes to direct reports.
• Works closely with subject matter experts to develop and contribute to training documentations, speeches, presentations, videos and other communication materials relevant to current business opportunities.
• Provides input to their direct leader on hiring for positions reporting to them.
• Informs management of major team milestones, developments, and concerns.
• Provides coverage for colleagues where necessary.
• Anticipates, mediates and deescalates conflicts proactively.
• Serves as the secondary link, behind Manager, between their team’s staff and leadership to assure understanding of company goals, objectives, and opportunities for improvement.
• Ensures compliance with all company policies and procedures within their area of responsibility and conducts internal audits where requested.
• Ensures team strategies are aligned with department strategies.
• Ensures that all documentation in their area of responsibility is archived and disposed of properly.
• Analyzes work procedures with the objective of driving simplicity through best practices without sacrificing effectiveness.
• Provides daily direction, assistance, and communication to internal teams, agencies, and vendors.
• Provides support to their department, divisions, and stores; contacts appropriate internal personnel or external vendors when further expertise is required.
• Supervises the day-to-day operations of their team, escalating issues to the appropriate level of support and/or leadership when necessary.
• Assures direct reports complete assigned responsibilities in a timely and effective manner to provide the highest level of customer service for the business.
• Other duties as assigned.
ALDI Acts Competencies:
Perform within ALDI Acts competencies as outlined below.
• Develops Others: Takes action to ensure that individuals and the team have the necessary behaviors to perform optimally and meet current and future strategic goals.
• Drives for Success: Seizes opportunities and proactively takes concrete actions to complete tasks. Goes the “extra mile” and persistently overcomes obstacles to improve outputs.
• Focuses on the Customer: Seeks to understand underlying customer needs to create value. Drives the team to maintain focus on customers.
• Focuses on Results: Sets a strategic vision for team and focuses attention on obtaining the best result for the team, department and ALDI overall.
• Leads and Aligns: Creates an energizing environment that supports the success of the team. Provides consistent direction and motivation in the current environment and in times of change.
• Gives attention to detail and follows instruction.
• Ability to develop rapport, trust, and open communication that enhances the growth and performance of direct reports.
• Conflict management skills.
• Problem-solving skills.
• Understands the history, strategy, organizational authority, interdependence of job duties, products, systems, and services of the company.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Prepares written materials to meet purpose and audience.
• Ability to quickly learn new systems and analytical tools.
• Ability to influence business decisions and provide fact-based recommendations.
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment, consistently meeting deadlines and remaining calm under pressure.
• Knowledge of products and services of the company.
• Ability to facilitate group involvement when conducting meetings.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor's Degree in Business, Supply Chain or a related field required.
• A minimum of 3 years of progressive experience in Supply Chain required.
• Or, a combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge.
• Relevant ALDI business experience with an exceptional level of demonstrated success required.
• SAP experience preferred.
• Work is performed in an office environment where a computer, telephone and other office equipment are used as needed to perform duties.
• Regularly required to sit, reach, grasp, stand and move from one area to another.
• Constantly and repeatedly use keyboard/mouse.
• Occasionally required to push, pull, bend, lift and move up to 25 lbs.
• No travel required.
ALDI offers competitive wages and benefits, including:
- 401(k) Plan
- Company 401(k) Matching Contributions
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- PerkSpot National Employee Discount Program
In addition, eligible employees are offered:
- Medical, Prescription, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Generous Vacation Time & 7 Paid Holidays
- Up to 6 Weeks Paid Parental Leave at 100% of pay
- Up to 2 Weeks Paid Caregiver Leave at 100% of pay
- Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Life, Dependent Life and AD&D Insurance
- Voluntary Term Life Insurance
ALDI is committed to equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. As a proud Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), we do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual stereotyping, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), or any other protected characteristic. Employment may be contingent upon ALDI's receipt of an acceptable and job-related drug test, motor vehicle report, and/or reference check, as applicable and permissible by law.
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Keep up on all the latest opportunities at ALDI.Sign Up