Store Manager TraineeLocation Chardon, OH, USA, 44024 Apply Now
We're ALDI, one of America's favorite grocers. We've grown a lot in the past few years, expanding our reach and customer base all around the country. Whether it's in customer service or our exceptional products, we owe our success to the efficiencies we create in every corner of our company and the people at each level who make that happen.
Our store employees are the face of the ALDI shopping experience. Their hard work makes it possible to uphold our company philosophy, providing quality products at the best possible price. Their smiles and pleasant demeanors keep customers coming back time and time again. Our store employees work many roles - from store associate to cashier to stocker - while providing excellent customer service. As a store employee, you're also responsible for merchandising product, monitoring inventory and keeping the store looking its best. It's an opportunity to get more out of your career and grow in an exciting environment.
Position Type: Full-Time
Starting Wage: $59,280/year * with an opportunity to earn $65,000-$85,000/year as a Store Manager *$24.00/hour (average 45 hours/week)
Duties and Responsibilities:
Must be able to perform duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
• Develops and implements action plans to improve operating results.
• Assesses, establishes, and implements appropriate store staffing levels cooperatively with their direct leader.
• Establishes and communicates job responsibilities and performance expectations to their direct reports to assure mutual understanding and desired results.
• Identifies training and development opportunities that will assist their direct reports in achieving enhanced performance.
• Understands the overarching company strategy, as well as communicates and models the core values of the organization, to create a sense of teamwork and membership among employees.
• Observes work performance, provides coaching, and conducts annual performance evaluations, recommending store personnel for advancement and termination as appropriate.
• Monitors the competitive environment within the community and makes recommendations to their direct leader regarding adjustments necessary to maintain a competitive position.
• Provides product feedback to their direct leader, including recommendations regarding new items to carry or those that should be discontinued.
• Provides input to their direct leader on hiring for positions reporting to them.
• Informs management of major team milestones, developments, and concerns.
• Assists in the hiring of store personnel by reviewing resumes and employment applications, as well as interviewing candidates.
• Prepares, manages, and revises weekly schedules, as well as plans and conducts store meetings.
• Handles customer concerns and ensures an appropriate resolution.
• Provides a safe environment for employees, customers, and vendors by identifying and rectifying hazards, ensuring proper ergonomics, and maintaining store equipment in proper working order.
• Supervises and maintains proper stock levels through appropriate product ordering and CGO-S parameter maintenance.
• Conducts store inventory counts and reconciliations according to company guidelines.
• Ensures proper store signage is maintained at all times, as well as the quality and freshness of ALDI products.
• Achieves store payroll and total loss budgets.
• Manages cash audits in conjunction with their direct leader according to company guidelines.
• Oversees product merchandising, ensuring neatness in order to maximize sales.
• Supervises the day-to-day operations of their team, escalating issues to the appropriate level of support and/or leadership when necessary.
• Assures direct reports complete assigned responsibilities in a timely and effective manner to provide the highest level of customer service for the business.
• Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
• Associate's Degree in Business or a related field.
• A minimum of 3 years of progressive experience in a retail environment.
• A combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge.
• Prior management experience preferred.
• Ability to work both independently and within a team environment.
• Effectively guides employee performance to assure the quality and completion of work assignments.
• Ability to evaluate work performance and motivate behavior change among direct reports when necessary.
• Understands and applies management principles concerning budgeting, personnel costs, and overtime expenses.
• Develops rapport, trust, and open communication that enhances the growth and job performance of direct reports.
• Provides prompt and courteous customer service.
• Ability to operate a cash register efficiently and accurately.
• Ability to safely and properly operate equipment, including electric/manual hand jack, floor scrubber, and cardboard baler.
• Ability to perform general cleaning duties to company standards.
• Ability to interpret and apply company policies and procedures.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Gives attention to detail and follows instructions.
• Ability to stay organized and multi-task in a professional and efficient manner.
• Establishes goals and works toward achievement.
• Meets any state and local requirements for handling and selling alcoholic beverages.
• Ability to stock merchandise from store receiving to shelving.
• Ability to place product, weighing up to 45 pounds, on shelving at various heights.
• Regularly required to sit, stand, bend, reach, push, pull, lift, carry and walk about the store.
ALDI offers competitive wages and benefits, including:
- Industry-leading Wages
- Major Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance & Prescription Coverage for Eligible Employees
- Generous Vacation Time & 7 Paid Holidays
- 401(k) Plan
- Company Contribution to Retirement Savings Plan
- Short- and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Life & Disability Insurance
ALDI is committed to equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. As a proud Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), we do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual stereotyping, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), or any other protected characteristic.