Construction Bid Review Specialist
Dublin, OH, USA, 43017
We're ALDI, one of America's favorite grocers. We've grown a lot in the past few years, expanding our reach and customer base all around the country. Whether it's in customer service or our exceptional products, we owe our success to the efficiencies we create in every corner of our company and the people at each level who make that happen.
ALDI is one of the fastest-growing retailers in the nation, and we are charting an aggressive growth course to become the third-largest U.S. grocery retailer by store count by the end of 2022. How can you play a part? By joining our National Real Estate Services team. The team supports the development of our building designs, specifications, store layouts, graphics and fixtures. Helping us grow can translate into a great move for your career.
Position Type: Full-Time
Duties and Responsibilities:
Must be able to perform duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
• Thoroughly reviews construction bids in conjunction with divisional real estate teams using established standards to ensure completeness and accuracy to the plans and specifications.
• Aligns proposed costs and scope of work with historical project data.
• Develops new bid procedures and standards as required.
• Conducts material quantity surveys on store prototypes in order to produce accurate cost baselines.
• Develops a value analysis for store prototypes by defining alternatives to the proposed scope that are more cost-efficient.
• Conducts cost impact analysis for potential new prototypes by defining alternatives to the proposed scope that are more cost-efficient.
• Collaborates with project team members and internal departments to accurately maintain and update cost database.
• Maintains accurate and consistent electronic files and documentation.
• Collaborates with team members and communicates relevant information to direct leader.
• Upholds the security and confidentiality of documents and data within area of responsibility.
• Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor's Degree in Construction Management, Architecture, Engineering or a related field.
• A minimum of 2 years of relevant experience.
• A combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge.
• Knowledge of construction means and methods of civil, structural, architectural, mechanical, electrical and plumbing disciplines.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite with emphasis in Excel.
• Problem solving skills.
• Ability to stay organized and multi-task in a professional and efficient manner.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to work both independently and within a team environment.
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment, consistently meeting deadlines and remaining calm under pressure.
• Ability to read and interpret construction documents and specifications.
ALDI offers competitive wages and benefits, including:
- 401(k) Plan
- Company 401(k) Matching Contributions
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- PerkSpot National Employee Discount Program
In addition, eligible employees are offered:
- Medical, Prescription, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Generous Vacation Time & 7 Paid Holidays
- Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Life, Dependent Life and AD&D Insurance
- Voluntary Term Life Insurance
ALDI is committed to equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. As a proud Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), we do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual stereotyping, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), or any other protected characteristic. Employment may be contingent upon ALDI's receipt of an acceptable and job-related drug test, motor vehicle report, and/or reference check, as applicable and permissible by law.