Data Analytics Analyst
Dublin, OH, USA, 43017
We're ALDI, one of America's favorite grocers. We've grown a lot in the past few years, expanding our reach and customer base all around the country. Whether it's in customer service or our exceptional products, we owe our success to the efficiencies we create in every corner of our company and the people at each level who make that happen.
ALDI is one of the fastest-growing retailers in the nation, and we are charting an aggressive growth course to become the third-largest U.S. grocery retailer by store count by the end of 2022. How can you play a part? By joining our Real Estate Analytics team. Responsible for analyzing the data behind building, construction and tendering costs across all of our locations around the country, this team works strategically to find impactful and actionable insights that provide cost-saving opportunities. Helping us grow can translate into a great move for your career.
Position Type: Full-Time
Duties and Responsibilities:
Must be able to perform duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
• Guides and educates best practices within department in building dashboards.
• Influences others within the job area through explanation of facts, policies and practices.
• Recommends process improvements for area of responsibility.
• Develops dynamic, scalable, and effective dashboards including related KPIs/ metrics for visual analysis.
• Maintains data engineering specifications to ensure they are logical, accurate and meet internal objectives in online data visualization environment and platforms like Tableau and Alteryx.
• Leads and participates in special projects and initiatives: innovates and implements large-scale quality improvements to processes and/or systems by conducting data analyses and making recommendations, troubleshooting technical issues, and refining process around customer support.
• Analyzes existing dashboards and reports using performance tuning, and works with colleagues to identify opportunities for process improvements and assist in the implementation.
• Provides input for complex Data Science and Big Data Mining projects.
• Designs, manages, and delivers analyses for all real estate-related departments via complex workflows and statistical modeling.
• Collaborates with team members and communicates relevant information to leadership.
• Upholds the security and confidentiality of documents and data within area of responsibility.
• Other duties as assigned.
ALDI Acts Competencies:
Perform within ALDI Acts competencies as outlined below.
• Collaborates and Cooperates with Team: Commits to and supports a collaborative and high-performing working environment with peers and managers.
• Drives for Success: Seizes opportunities and proactively takes concrete actions to complete tasks. Goes the “extra mile” and persistently overcomes obstacles to improve outputs.
• Focuses on the Customer: Seeks to understand underlying customer needs to create value. Drives the team to maintain focus on customers.
• Manages and Support Projects: Effectively plans, executes and supports project needs to support management and the larger ALDI business.
• Organizes and Executes with Accuracy: Leverages a systematic, efficient and organized approach while ensuring quality and accuracy of results.
• Thinks Critically and Resolves Problems: Responds to emerging problems in an accurate and timely manner. Where possible, leverages available resources to address situations before they occur.
• Gives attention to detail and follows instruction.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Effective time management; maximizes productivity.
• Prepares written materials to meet purpose and audience.
• Develops and maintains positive relationships with internal and external parties.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
• Ability to stay organized and multi-task in a professional and efficient manner.
• Problem-solving skills.
• Ability to work both independently and within a team environment.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Math, Statistics or a related field required.
• A minimum of 4 years of progressive experience in Data Analytics required.
• Or, a combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge.
• Highly skilled in Alteryx Designer required.
• Experience with Tableau required.
• Experience in the development of Performance Scorecards/KPI-related dashboards required.
• Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Math, Data Analytics, or a related field preferred.
• Proficiency with SQL, R, and/or Python preferred.
• Work is performed in an office environment where a computer, telephone and other office equipment are used as needed to perform duties.
• Regularly required to sit, reach, grasp, stand and move from one area to another.
• Constantly and repeatedly use keyboard/mouse.
• Occasionally required to push, pull, bend, lift and move up to 25 lbs.
• No travel required.
ALDI offers competitive wages and benefits, including:
- 401(k) Plan
- Company 401(k) Matching Contributions
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- PerkSpot National Employee Discount Program
In addition, eligible employees are offered:
- Medical, Prescription, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Generous Vacation Time & 7 Paid Holidays
- Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Life, Dependent Life and AD&D Insurance
- Voluntary Term Life Insurance
ALDI is committed to equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. As a proud Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), we do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual stereotyping, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), or any other protected characteristic. Employment may be contingent upon ALDI's receipt of an acceptable and job-related drug test, motor vehicle report, and/or reference check, as applicable and permissible by law.
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Keep up on all the latest opportunities at ALDI.Sign Up