Facilities & Sustainability Assistant
5115 Parkcenter Ave, Dublin, OH, USA, 43017
We're ALDI, one of America's favorite grocers. We've grown a lot in the past few years, expanding our reach and customer base all around the country. Whether it's in customer service or our exceptional products, we owe our success to the efficiencies we create in every corner of our company and the people at each level who make that happen.
Our goal is to operate nearly 2,500 stores by 2022. How can you play a part? By joining our Facilities Systems & Sustainability team. The team supports sustainability initiatives aimed to minimize our environmental impact including energy efficiency, utility analysis, refrigerant management and renewable energy. Helping us grow can translate into a great move for your career.
Position Type: Full-Time
Duties and Responsibilities:
Must be able to perform duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
• Provides administrative support to their designated area of responsibility.
• Effectively communicates information on behalf of their direct leader, including written and verbal communication.
• Creates reports as required to provide information for management decision-making.
• Works cooperatively with third parties, including, but not limited to, government agencies, contractors, vendors, and real estate professionals.
• Works proactively to identify, investigate, and report irregularities within designated area of responsibility.
• Conducts training and cross training of knowledge and expertise within area of responsibility.
• Maintains an efficient and well organized filing system for the department and ensures items are archived and disposed of per company guidelines.
• Communicates with internal and external auditors as necessary.
• Collaborates with team members and communicates relevant information to direct leader.
• Upholds the security and confidentiality of documents and data within area of responsibility.
• Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
• Associate's Degree in Engineering, Business or a related field.
• A minimum of 2 years of relevant experience.
• A combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
• Ability to interpret and apply company policies and procedures.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to understand, reconcile, and substantiate balances in the associated General Ledger accounts.
• Gives attention to detail and follows instructions.
• Ability to work both independently and within a team environment.
• Ability to stay organized and multi-task in a professional and efficient manner.
• Establishes goals and works toward achievement.
• Proficient in data entry and typing.
• Displays expense and cost control in decision making.
• Works cooperatively and collaboratively within a group.
ALDI offers competitive wages and benefits, including:
- Industry-leading Wages
- Major Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance & Prescription Coverage for Eligible Employees
- Generous Vacation Time & 7 Paid Holidays for Eligible Employees
- 401(k) Plan
- Company Contribution to Retirement Savings Plan
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance for Eligible Employees
- Life and AD&D Insurance for Eligible Employees
ALDI is committed to equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. As a proud Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), we do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual stereotyping, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), or any other protected characteristic. Employment may be contingent upon ALDI’s receipt of an acceptable and job-related drug test, motor vehicle report, and/or reference check, as applicable and permissible by law.