Dublin, OH, USA, 43017
We're ALDI, one of America's favorite grocers. We've grown a lot in the past few years, expanding our reach and customer base all around the country. Whether it's in customer service or our exceptional products, we owe our success to the efficiencies we create in every corner of our company and the people at each level who make that happen.
ALDI is one of the fastest-growing retailers in the nation, and we are charting an aggressive growth course to become the third-largest U.S. grocery retailer by store count by the end of 2022. How can you play a part? By joining our Procurement team. The team will engage in the sourcing and tendering of the non-merchandise equipment, fixtures, supplies and displays that support our operations. Helping us grow can translate into a great move for your career.
Position Type: Full-Time
Starting Wage: $24.50/hour
Duties and Responsibilities:
Must be able to perform duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
• Supports the procurement plan to align with overall sourcing strategy.
• Supports tender engagements.
• Prepares RFPs for pricing.
• Compiles comparative data from suppliers.
• Identifies cost-saving opportunities and process improvements and recommends changes to direct leader.
• Drives projects and tasks to completion through effective prioritization, work planning, time management, and cross-functional collaboration.
• Uses procurement levers to reduce total cost of ownership and optimize performance, quality, and service within department categories.
• Uses market data and spend analysis to support category planning.
• Engages in all sources to contract activity, supporting the development and approval of sourcing strategies, market testing, negotiation, and contract finalization.
• Creates and administers department-specific reporting as required to aid in overall planning and strategy.
• Collaborates with team members and communicates relevant information to direct leader.
• Upholds the security and confidentiality of documents and data within area of responsibility.
• Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
• Associate's Degree in Supply Chain Management, Business, Procurement, and/or Retail Operations or a related field.
• A minimum of 2 years of relevant experience.
• A combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge.
• Works cooperatively and collaboratively within a group.
• Develops and maintains positive relationships with internal and external parties.
• Skill of aiding procurement activities in consideration of cost, quality, delivery, and service.
• Excellent verbal and written communication.
• Prepares written materials to meet purpose and audience.
• Ability to stay organized and multi-task in a professional and efficient manner.
• Ability to prioritize and work under strict deadlines.
• Gives attention to detail and follows instructions.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
ALDI offers competitive wages and benefits, including:
- 401(k) Plan
- Company 401(k) Matching Contributions
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- PerkSpot National Employee Discount Program
In addition, eligible employees are offered:
- Medical, Prescription, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Generous Vacation Time & 7 Paid Holidays
- Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Life, Dependent Life and AD&D Insurance
- Voluntary Term Life Insurance
ALDI is committed to equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. As a proud Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), we do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual stereotyping, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), or any other protected characteristic. Employment may be contingent upon ALDI's receipt of an acceptable and job-related drug test, motor vehicle report, and/or reference check, as applicable and permissible by law.