5115 Parkcenter Ave, Dublin, OH, USA, 43017
We're ALDI, one of America's favorite grocers. We've grown a lot in the past few years, expanding our reach and customer base all around the country. Whether it's in customer service or our exceptional products, we owe our success to the efficiencies we create in every corner of our company and the people at each level who make that happen.
ALDI is one of the fastest-growing retailers in the nation, and we are charting an aggressive growth course to become the third-largest U.S. grocery retailer by store count by the end of 2022. How can you play a part? By joining our Procurement team. The team will engage in the sourcing and tendering of the non-merchandise equipment, fixtures, supplies and displays that support our operations. Helping us grow can translate into a great move for your career.
Position Type: Full-Time
Duties and Responsibilities:
Must be able to perform duties with or without reasonable accommodation,
• Consults with leadership on the development of the team's strategy.
• Liaises with internal and external parties to ensure timely and efficient communication flow.
• Keeps up-to-date on external best practices and relevant changes within their field/area; communicates updates to leadership.
• Makes recommendations to the business about the awarding of business to suppliers.
• Recommends process improvements for area of responsibility.
• Ensures that the procurement plan aligns with the overall sourcing strategy.
• Identifies and executes cost-saving opportunities that directly impact the profitability of the company.
• Utilizes procurement levers to reduce total cost of ownership and optimize performance, quality, and service within department categories.
• Interprets market data and evaluates spend analysis to drive category planning.
• Conducts all source to contract activity, supporting the development and approval of sourcing strategies, market testing, negotiation, and contract finalization.
• Conducts negotiations and leads vendor meetings on a regular basis, per the tender timelines.
• Implements contracts and communicates contract and vendor updates both externally to the supply base as well as internally to the stakeholders.
• Creates department-specific reporting as required to aid in overall planning and strategy.
• Collaborates with team members and communicates relevant information to leadership.
• Upholds the security and confidentiality of documents and data within area of responsibility.
• Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor's Degree in Supply Chain Management, Business, or a related field.
• A minimum of 3 years of progressive experience in Supply Chain Management, Business, Procurement and/or Retail Operations.
• A combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge.
• Drives projects and tasks to completion through effective prioritization, work planning, time management, and cross-functional collaboration.
• Demonstrates clear rationale when making sourcing decisions, in consideration of cost, quality, delivery, and service.
• Negotiation skills.
• Works cooperatively and collaboratively within a group.
• Develops and maintains positive relationships with internal and external parties.
• Excellent verbal and written communication.
• Prepares written materials to meet purpose and audience.
• Ability to stay organized and multi-task in a professional and efficient manner.
• Ability to prioritize work under strict deadlines.
• Gives attention to detail and follows instructions.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
ALDI offers competitive wages and benefits, including:
- Industry-leading Wages
- Major Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance & Prescription Coverage for Eligible Employees
- Generous Vacation Time & 7 Paid Holidays for Eligible Employees
- 401(k) Plan
- Company Contribution to Retirement Savings Plan
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance for Eligible Employees
- Life and AD&D Insurance for Eligible Employees
ALDI is committed to equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. As a proud Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), we do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual stereotyping, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), or any other protected characteristic. Employment may be contingent upon ALDI’s receipt of an acceptable and job-related drug test, motor vehicle report, and/or reference check, as applicable and permissible by law.