Dublin, OH, USA, 43017
We're ALDI, one of America's favorite grocers. We've grown a lot in the past few years, expanding our reach and customer base all around the country. Whether it's in customer service or our exceptional products, we owe our success to the efficiencies we create in every corner of our company and the people at each level who make that happen.
ALDI is one of the fastest-growing retailers in the nation, and we are charting an aggressive growth course to become the third-largest U.S. grocery retailer by store count by the end of 2022. How can you play a part? By joining our Facilities, Systems & Sustainability team. The team supports sustainability initiatives aimed to minimize our environmental impact including energy efficiency, utility analysis, refrigerant management and renewable energy. Helping us grow can translate into a great move for your career.
Position Type: Full-Time
Duties and Responsibilities:
Must be able to perform duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
• Perform analysis and make recommendations regarding refrigeration monitoring, operations, controls and components.
• Completes evaluations of bids for relevant vendors.
• Serves as subject matter expert on vendors discussions related to refrigeration systems.
• Prepares and provides reporting to their direct leader on a regular basis to evaluate data trends that should be addressed with service and/or equipment vendors.
• Provides management reporting on common issues, asset retirement and replacement plans, KPIs on service company performance, and cost control initiatives.
• Prepares necessary communication for internal and external business partners related to findings discovered via building automation systems.
• Identifies and communicates new ideas and cost saving opportunities to construct or remodel facilities to minimize long-term maintenance and repair costs.
• Recommends and coordinates on-going training as necessary with operations.
• Drives building refrigeration system automation to increase efficiencies and reduce expenses related to equipment within stores.
• Consults with stakeholders (international and national) and vendor partners regarding refrigeration systems.
• Facilitates the communication between FSS team and committee stakeholders as required.
• Advises on any changes or actions to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the team.
• Informs management of recurring issues or when additional team training may be required.
• Optimizes refrigeration schedules and equipment through building automation system.
• Identifies cost-saving opportunities for the business through building automation system such as remote refrigeration and alarm monitoring project.
• Creates and maintains department progress reporting metrics.
• Creates and maintains records of cost-savings opportunities and measures taken.
• Maintains accurate and consistent electronic files and documentation.
• Conducts regular reviews of market pricing for critical trades.
• Utilizes Energy Reports, Leak Reports, and other KPI reports to identify non-conformities, failure analysis and takes action to mitigate unnecessary spend.
• Ensures National Real Estate, Procurement, and Energy are notified of any equipment performance and quality concerns that should be evaluated in the tendering process.
• Performs remote spot checks on Preventative Maintenance Services to verify execution is consistent with contractual obligations.
• Supports remote review of asset performance and recommends asset disposal and replacements per equipment guidelines. Supports warranty management on refrigeration assets.
• Assist in asset module within ALDI’s work order management software to automate warranty and repair vs. replace decision logic.
• Assists in training and developing team members to retain a motivated and professional workforce.
• Collaborates with team members and communicates relevant information to leadership.
• Upholds the security and confidentiality of documents and data within area of responsibility.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor's Degree in Facilities, Engineering, Building Automation or a related field.
• A minimum of 5 years of experience in Facilities, Engineering, or Building Automation or a related field.
• A minimum of 5 years in refrigeration-related or HVAC-related
• A minimum of 3 years in refrigeration systems or HVAC systems
• Or, a combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge.
• Comprehensive understanding of refrigeration and HVAC systems & repair.
• Understanding of building controls and automation as it integrates with refrigeration and HVAC system.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite; advanced Excel knowledge.
• Ability to stay organized and multi-task in a professional and efficient manner.
• Strong reasoning, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
• Works cooperatively and collaboratively within a
• Develops and maintains positive relationships with internal and external parties.
• Ability to interpret, and apply company policies and
• Excellent verbal and written communication
• Prepares written materials to meet purpose and
• Gives attention to detail and follows instructions.
• Establishes goals and works toward achievement.
ALDI offers competitive wages and benefits, including:
- 401(k) Plan
- Company 401(k) Matching Contributions
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- PerkSpot National Employee Discount Program
In addition, eligible employees are offered:
- Medical, Prescription, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Generous Vacation Time & 7 Paid Holidays
- Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Life, Dependent Life and AD&D Insurance
- Voluntary Term Life Insurance
ALDI is committed to equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. As a proud Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), we do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual stereotyping, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), or any other protected characteristic. Employment may be contingent upon ALDI's receipt of an acceptable and job-related drug test, motor vehicle report, and/or reference check, as applicable and permissible by law.
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Keep up on all the latest opportunities at ALDI.Sign Up