1 Aldi Dr, Dwight, IL, USA, 60420
We're ALDI, one of America's favorite grocers. We've grown a lot in the past few years, expanding our reach and customer base all around the country. Whether it's in customer service or our exceptional products, we owe our success to the efficiencies we create in every corner of our company and the people at each level who make that happen.
Position Type: Full-Time
Average Hours: 40-50 hours per week
Starting Wage: $30.00 per hour (inclusive of $2.00 per hour premium pay for all hours worked between October 25, 2021 and January 2, 2022)
Duties and Responsibilities:
Must be able to perform duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Responsible for maintaining all electrical equipment and the general maintenance of the facility.
- General maintenance and preventive maintenance around the warehouse and office complex.
- Oversight of the ammonia refrigeration system, HVAC system, and minor forklift and electric jack repair.
- Oversee preventative maintenance and site compliance of various regulatory guidelines.
- Building maintenance on dock doors, dock plates / locks, balers, and other building repairs deemed necessary.
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair equipment with minimal assistance.
- Ability to accurately document and organize all equipment reports.
- Maintain parts inventory accurately.
- Ability to work with interruptions.
- Will work directly with the Director of Warehousing and Logistics and a Warehouse Supervisor as well as current maintenance staff to create a safe work environment and comply with all governmental agencies.
Education and Experience:
- Must be at least 18 years old
- A high school diploma or G.E.D. is preferred
- Ability to develop rapport, trust and open communication that enhances the growth and job performance of warehouse personnel.
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with a group of individuals to make the work of the group successful and effective.
- Skill of developing and maintaining positive relationships with internal personnel and external contractors, vendors and suppliers.
- Knowledge of and ability to recommend, interpret and/or apply ALDI operating policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of the products, services and systems of the company.
- Ability to select a course of action, considering appropriate variables in order to solve a specific problem.
- Skill of verbal and written communication including the ability to prepare written materials to meet purpose and audience.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and complete activities consistent with one’s personal and organizational needs to maximize the total time available.
- Ability to give attention to detail.
- Ability to establish and execute plans and goals.
- Skill of performing basic arithmetic such as addition, subtraction, multiplication and division; decimals, fractions and ratios.
ALDI offers competitive wages and benefits, including:
- 401(k) Plan
- Company 401(k) Matching Contributions
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- PerkSpot National Employee Discount Program
In addition, eligible employees are offered:
- Medical, Prescription, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Generous Vacation Time & 7 Paid Holidays
- Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Life, Dependent Life and AD&D Insurance
- Voluntary Term Life Insurance
ALDI is committed to equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. As a proud Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), we do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual stereotyping, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), or any other protected characteristic. Employment may be contingent upon ALDI's receipt of an acceptable and job-related drug test, motor vehicle report, and/or reference check, as applicable and permissible by law.
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Keep up on all the latest opportunities at ALDI.Sign Up