District Manager Intern - Current College Student - Faribault Division
Our District Manager Internship provides more real world experience than any other position out there. You’ll see our stores from the inside and work hands-on with district managers running multi-million dollar businesses. You will learn what makes us America’s fastest growing grocery retailer and why joining our team is the best opportunity in the country. Successful completion of this internship may lead select individuals to a full-time opportunity upon graduation.
Roles within this division cover these areas: Minnesota, Iowa, South Dakota, North Dakota and Western Wisconsin
Click here to view our divisional map
Position Type: Full-Time
Hours: 40 hours per week / 10-week summer internship program
Wage: $28.00 per hour + eligibility for overtime
Duties and Responsibilities:
Must be able to perform duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
• Consistently demonstrate the Mindsets, ALDI Acts Competencies and Professional Skills (M.A.P.) as outlined for the role.
• Acquires knowledge from their trainer to gain a full understanding of the roles and importance of leading by building a culture of excellence.
• Shadows a store manager and/or manager trainee to learn the fundamental aspects of store operations, including preparing a presentation and a report on an operational area to be presented to ALDI executives.
• Learns aspects of the Customer Satisfaction Pyramid while conducting customer walks and participating in store tours.
• Learns and understands all relevant store operations policies and procedures.
• Assists trainer with all administrative tasks (i.e. payroll, sales book, memo verification, invoices), as well as hiring, including interviews and orientations.
• Assists with inventory, and participates in a store reset and a grand opening if possible.
• Takes initiative to create excellent store conditions and improve store associate performance and stock efficiency.
• Works closely with members of assigned team to develop subject matter knowledge.
• Attends company/department/team trainings and meetings as appropriate.
• Maintains a high level of professionalism by demonstrating excellent attendance, adhering to company guidelines, meeting objectives thoroughly and on time, etc.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Performs within ALDI ACTS Competencies as outlined below.
ALDI ACTS Competencies:
• Acts as a Business Owner: Takes ownership of the district and strives to understand the key business drivers to capitalize on opportunities and run an efficient and successful business that serves customers and contributes to the growth of the district, division and overall ALDI organization.
• Demonstrates a Positive Attitude and Resilience: Adapts positively to pressure, setbacks, challenges and change in order to achieve and sustain peak personal effectiveness.
• Develops Others: Takes action to ensure that individuals and the team have the necessary skills and behaviors to perform optimally and meet strategic goals now and in the future.
• Drives for Success: Focuses on delivering excellent performance by proactively taking concrete actions, persistently overcoming obstacles to improve results, and driving to ensure accuracy and reduce inconsistencies, risks and errors through monitoring, and complying with standards and procedures.
• Focuses on the Customer: Seeks to understand customer needs to create value, drives the team to maintain focus on internal and external customers.
• Leads & Aligns: Creates an energizing environment that supports the success of the store by providing direction, motivation, clarity, resources and support to excel in the current environment and in times of change.
• Sustains High Performance: Sets clear performance expectations and monitors progress against standards with a focus on achieving excellent results.
Education and Experience:
• In current pursuit of Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field.
• Develops and maintains positive relationships with internal and external parties.
• Ability to develop rapport, trust and open communication that enhances the growth and job performance of store personnel.
• Works cooperatively and collaboratively within a group.
• Ability to stay organized and multi-task in a professional and efficient manner.
• Ability to display initiative and a strong work ethic.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Prepares written materials to meet purpose and audience.
• Acts as representation for others by executing delegated tasks.
• Ability to prioritize and work under strict deadlines.
• Ability to interpret and apply company policies and procedures.
• Gives attention to detail and follows instructions.
ALDI offers competitive wages and benefits, including:
- 401(k) Plan
- Company 401(k) Matching Contributions
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- PerkSpot National Discount Program
In addition, eligible employees are offered:
- Medical, Prescription, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Generous Vacation Time & 7 Paid Holidays
- Up to 6 Weeks Paid Parental Leave at 100% of pay
- Up to 2 Weeks Paid Caregiver Leave at 100% of pay
- Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Life, Dependent Life and AD&D Insurance
- Voluntary Term Life Insurance
ALDI is committed to equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. As a proud Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), we do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual stereotyping, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), or any other protected characteristic. Employment may be contingent upon ALDI's receipt of an acceptable and job-related drug test, motor vehicle report, and/or reference check, as applicable and permissible by law.