Full-Time Store Manager Trainee
4270 Corunna Rd, Flint, MI, USA, 48532
We're ALDI, one of America's favorite grocers. We've grown a lot in the past few years, expanding our reach and customer base all around the country. Whether it's in customer service or our exceptional products, we owe our success to the efficiencies we create in every corner of our company and the people at each level who make that happen.
Our store employees are the face of the ALDI shopping experience. Their hard work makes it possible to uphold our company philosophy, providing quality products at the best possible price. Their smiles and pleasant demeanors keep customers coming back time and time again. Our store employees work many roles - from store associate to cashier to stocker - while providing excellent customer service. As a store employee, you're also responsible for merchandising product, monitoring inventory and keeping the store looking its best. It's an opportunity to get more out of your career and grow in an exciting environment.
Position Type: Full-Time
Average Hours: 45 hours/week
Starting Wage: $22.00/hour with an opportunity to earn $56,620-$72,060/year as a Store Manager
Duties and Responsibilities:
Must be able to perform duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
• Develops and implements action plans to improve operating results.
• Assesses, establishes, and implements appropriate store staffing levels cooperatively with their direct leader.
• Establishes and communicates job responsibilities and performance expectations to their direct reports to assure mutual understanding and desired results.
• Identifies training and development opportunities that will assist their direct reports in achieving enhanced performance.
• Understands the overarching company strategy, as well as communicates and models the core values of the organization, to create a sense of teamwork and membership among employees.
• Observes work performance, provides coaching, and conducts annual performance evaluations, recommending store personnel for advancement and termination as appropriate.
• Monitors the competitive environment within the community and makes recommendations to their direct leader regarding adjustments necessary to maintain a competitive position.
• Provides product feedback to their direct leader, including recommendations regarding new items to carry or those that should be discontinued.
• Provides input to their direct leader on hiring for positions reporting to them.
• Informs management of major team milestones, developments, and concerns.
• Assists in the hiring of store personnel by reviewing resumes and employment applications, as well as interviewing candidates.
• Prepares, manages, and revises weekly schedules, as well as plans and conducts store meetings.
• Handles customer concerns and ensures an appropriate resolution.
• Provides a safe environment for employees, customers, and vendors by identifying and rectifying hazards, ensuring proper ergonomics, and maintaining store equipment in proper working order.
• Supervises and maintains proper stock levels through appropriate product ordering and CGO-S parameter maintenance.
• Conducts store inventory counts and reconciliations according to company guidelines.
• Ensures proper store signage is maintained at all times, as well as the quality and freshness of ALDI products.
• Achieves store payroll and total loss budgets.
• Manages cash audits in conjunction with their direct leader according to company guidelines.
• Oversees product merchandising, ensuring neatness in order to maximize sales.
• Supervises the day-to-day operations of their team, escalating issues to the appropriate level of support and/or leadership when necessary.
• Assures direct reports complete assigned responsibilities in a timely and effective manner to provide the highest level of customer service for the business.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Performs within ALDI ACTS competencies as outlined below.
ALDI ACTS Competencies:
• Develops Others: Takes action to ensure that individuals and the team have the necessary skills and behaviors to perform optimally and meet store needs now and in the future.
• Leads & Aligns: Creates an energizing environment that supports the success of the store by providing direction, motivation, clarity, resources and support to excel in the current environment and in times of change.
• Sustains High Performance: Sets clear performance expectations and monitors progress against standards with a focus on achieving excellent results.
• Focuses on the Customer: Seeks to understand customer needs to create value, drives the team to maintain focus on customers.
• Acts as a Business Owner: Understands and executes the principles of business operations to run an efficient and successful store that serves customers and contributes to the growth of the district, division and overall ALDI organization.
• Drives for Success: Delivers excellent performance by proactively taking concrete actions that adhere to ALDI policies and procedures, and persistently overcomes obstacles to improve results.
• Demonstrates a Positive Attitude and Resilience: Adapts positively to pressure, setbacks, challenges and change in order to achieve and sustain peak effectiveness.
Education and Experience:
• High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
• A minimum of 3 years of progressive experience in a retail environment.
• A combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge.
• Prior management experience preferred.
• Ability to work both independently and within a team environment.
• Effectively guides employee performance to assure the quality and completion of work assignments.
• Ability to evaluate work performance and motivate behavior change among direct reports when necessary.
• Understands and applies management principles concerning budgeting, personnel costs, and overtime expenses.
• Develops rapport, trust, and open communication that enhances the growth and job performance of direct reports.
• Provides prompt and courteous customer service.
• Ability to operate a cash register efficiently and accurately.
• Ability to safely and properly operate equipment, including electric/manual hand jack, floor scrubber, and cardboard baler.
• Ability to perform general cleaning duties to company standards.
• Ability to interpret and apply company policies and procedures.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Gives attention to detail and follows instructions.
• Ability to stay organized and multi-task in a professional and efficient manner.
• Establishes goals and works toward achievement.
• Meets any state and local requirements for handling and selling alcoholic beverages.
• Ability to stock merchandise from store receiving to shelving.
• Ability to place product, weighing up to 45 pounds, on shelving at various heights.
• Regularly required to sit, stand, bend, reach, push, pull, lift, carry and walk about the store.
• Full-Time Store Manager Trainees will often train at multiple locations and must have flexibility to travel within divisional requirements.
ALDI offers competitive wages and benefits, including:
- 401(k) Plan
- Company 401(k) Matching Contributions
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- PerkSpot National Employee Discount Program
In addition, eligible employees are offered:
- Medical, Prescription, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Generous Vacation Time & 7 Paid Holidays
- Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Life, Dependent Life and AD&D Insurance
- Voluntary Term Life Insurance
ALDI is committed to equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. As a proud Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), we do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual stereotyping, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), or any other protected characteristic. Employment may be contingent upon ALDI's receipt of an acceptable and job-related drug test, motor vehicle report, and/or reference check, as applicable and permissible by law.