8751 Gas House Pike, Frederick, MD, USA, 21701
We're ALDI, one of America's favorite grocers. We've grown a lot in the past few years, expanding our reach and customer base all around the country. Whether it's in customer service or our exceptional products, we owe our success to the efficiencies we create in every corner of our company and the people at each level who make that happen.
ALDI is one of the fastest-growing retailers in the nation, and we are charting an aggressive growth course to become the third-largest U.S. grocery retailer by store count by the end of 2022. The only question is, where do we do it and what do we build? That's what you'll answer on our real estate team: finding our next locations, negotiating the deals and building our future ALDI sites. Keeping us moving forward can translate into a great move for your career.
Position Type: Full-Time
Duties and Responsibilities:
Must be able to perform duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
• Oversees the construction of new facilities and the remodeling of existing facilities to assure compliance with governmental codes and Aldi specifications.
• Assures all proper permits and bonds are secured, final approvals received, lien waivers obtained and bonds closed out.
• Assures the training, development, and performance of their team’s staff to retain a motivated, professional workforce that achieves their career objectives.
• Recruits and recommends qualified employees for their team’s staff positions.
• Approves all time-off requests for direct reports.
• Establishes and communicates job responsibilities and performance expectations to their team to assure mutual understanding of desired results; resolves internal or external barriers that prohibit successful goal achievement.
• Understands the overarching company strategy, as well as communicates and models the core values, of the organization to create a sense of teamwork and membership among employees.
• Provides oversight and direction during the construction process from groundbreaking through issue of final occupancy permit.
• Assures work is completed in accordance with construction plans and specifications, to the highest quality standards and within budget as established by the Director of Real Estate via regular site visits and supervision of the general contractor.
• Identifies and communicates new ideas and cost saving opportunities to construct or remodel facilities at lower costs.
• Assists the Director of Real Estate in the reviewing of engineering, building and site design with selected Architect and Engineering firms.
• Assists Director of Real Estate and Operations personnel in determining proper remedies or preventative actions for current store facilities, as needed.
• Consults with leadership on the development of their team's strategy.
• Advises leadership to source external vendors for applicable services when appropriate.
• Liaises with regions to ensure timely and efficient communication flow.
• Consults with the business to effectively design and streamline applicable processes within the organization.
• Keeps up-to-date on external best practices and relevant changes to their field/area; communicates updates to leadership.
• Works with government officials, utility companies and suppliers to assure project deadlines are met.
• Assists Director of Real Estate in presenting the ALDI concept and plans at various meetings.
• Assists Director of Real Estate with site and building cost estimates to aid in the completion of the site evaluation packages.
• Assists Director of Real Estate with miscellaneous tasks on an as needed basis.
• Reviews prototype plan updates with the Director of Real Estate to assure all changes approved by the Director of Real Estate are implemented on projects.
• Verifies inclusion and application of decisions reached by the National Real Estate and Corporate Offices in construction and administrative procedures.
• Initiates and coordinates Aldi supplied materials to construction projects.
• Communicates with District Managers and office personnel as appropriate.
• Coordinates large maintenance and reset projects for existing stores.
• Communicates and coordinates with the National Real Estate Office as appropriate.
• Verifies needs, costs, and appropriate backup for all proposed change orders and submits to the Director of Real Estate for approval.
• Provides first approval for all general contractors’ payment applications and validates the collection of all lien waivers.
• Verifies completion of and approves corrective items from all commissioning reports as part of new or remodeled construction.
• Manages their team by driving projects and tasks to completion through effective prioritization, work planning, resource allocation, and cross-functional collaboration.
• Identifies cost-saving opportunities and potential process improvements.
• Serves as the primary link between their team’s staff and leadership to assure understanding of company goals, objectives, and opportunities for improvement.
• Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor's Degree in Construction Management, Architecture, Civil Engineering or a related field.
• A minimum of 5 years of progressive experience in Construction Management, Architecture, Civil Engineering and retail operations.
• A combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge.
• Ability to develop rapport, trust, and open communication that enhances the growth and job performance of construction personnel.
• Works cooperatively and collaboratively within a group. Ability to use a laptop computer and various software applications.
• Ability to organize and conduct group meetings including the ability to facilitate group involvement.
• Develops and maintains positive relationships with internal and external parties.
• Negotiation skills.
• Conflict management skills.
• Ability to interpret and apply company policies and procedures.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to stay organized and multi-task in a professional and efficient manner.
• Gives attention to detail and follows instructions.
• Ability to establish and execute plans and goals.
• Knowledge of design, construction, renovation and rebuilding techniques; ability to build, employ labor, and construct facilities to the desired goal within budget.
• Skill of organizing and directing the work effort of outside resources, and accomplishing a goal on time and within budget.
ALDI offers competitive wages and benefits, including:
- 401(k) Plan
- Company 401(k) Matching Contributions
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- PerkSpot National Employee Discount Program
In addition, eligible employees are offered:
- Medical, Prescription, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Generous Vacation Time & 7 Paid Holidays
- Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Life, Dependent Life and AD&D Insurance
- Voluntary Term Life Insurance
ALDI is committed to equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. As a proud Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), we do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual stereotyping, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), or any other protected characteristic. Employment may be contingent upon ALDI's receipt of an acceptable and job-related drug test, motor vehicle report, and/or reference check, as applicable and permissible by law.