District Manager - Current College Student - Frederick Division
8751 Gas House Pike, Frederick, MD, USA, 21701
Are you pursuing your undergraduate or post-graduate degree and looking for real responsibility and the ability to make a true impact? If so, this role is for you. Our District Managers are responsible for supervising the operations of an entire ALDI district and have the opportunity to make a lasting impact on our global organization. You'll oversee up to six stores while leading employees and driving sales growth for one of the fastest growing US grocery retailers. To prepare you for this rewarding and challenging position you’ll receive up to 44 weeks of paid training, where you'll take on responsibility for the operations, management and performance of a multi-million dollar district.
Roles within this division cover these areas: Northern Virginia, Maryland, Southern Delaware and Central Pennsylvania
Click here to view our divisional map
Starting Salary: $100,000 (inclusive of $5,000 signing bonus)
Salary Increases: Year 2 $105,000 | Year 3 - $110,000 | Year 4 - $120,000
Duties and Responsibilities:
Must be able to perform duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
• Assesses, establishes, and implements appropriate store staffing levels with input from direct reports.
• Works with direct reports to develop and implement action plans that will improve operating results.
• Ensures adherence to company merchandising plans.
• Plans and conducts regularly scheduled meetings with direct reports.
• Assures the training, development, and performance of their team’s staff to retain a motivated, professional workforce that achieves their career objectives.
• Recruits and recommends qualified employees for their team’s staff positions.
• Approves all time-off requests for direct reports.
• Establishes and communicates job responsibilities and performance expectations to their team to assure mutual understanding of desired results; resolves internal or external barriers that prohibit successful goal achievement.
• Understands the overarching company strategy, as well as communicates and models the core values, of the organization to create a sense of teamwork and membership among employees.
• Reviews and analyzes the competitive pricing within the district and keeps leadership informed of ALDI’s competitive pricing position.
• Provides product feedback to leadership, including making recommendations regarding new items to carry or those that should be discontinued.
• Coordinates with direct reports in the recruitment and interviewing of applicants.
• Confers with direct reports regarding the advancement of store personnel and when considering the discharge or discipline of store personnel.
• Supports direct reports in conducting store meetings.
• Consults with leadership on the development of their team's strategy.
• Advises leadership to source external vendors for applicable services when appropriate.
• Liaises with regions to ensure timely and efficient communication flow.
• Consults with the business to effectively design and streamline applicable processes within the organization.
• Keeps up-to-date on external best practices and relevant changes to their field/area; communicates updates to leadership.
• Ensures that store personnel comply with the company’s customer satisfaction guidelines.
• Oversees and manages the appropriate resolution of operational customer concerns by store management.
• Ensures that store management monitors store conditions, equipment, and employee performance to maintain a safe environment for employees, customers, and vendors.
• Oversees and manages stores’ compliance with established policies and procedures within the district, as well as applicable federal, state, and local regulations.
• Oversees and manages the achievement of store payroll budgets and total loss results; ensures that results achieved are within district budget.
• Review and analyzes store personnel’s adherence to inventory procedures, product handling guidelines, and cash control policies and procedures to minimize losses.
• Conducts store inventory counts and cash audits according to guidelines.
• Manages their team by driving projects and tasks to completion through effective prioritization, work planning, resource allocation, and cross-functional collaboration.
• Identifies cost-saving opportunities and potential process improvements.
• Serves as the primary link between their team’s staff and leadership to assure understanding of company goals, objectives, and opportunities for improvement.
• Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field.
• Develops rapport, trust, and open communication that enhances the growth and job performance of direct reports.
• Works cooperatively and collaboratively within a group.
• Ability to facilitate group involvement when conducting meetings.
• Develops and maintains positive relationships with internal and external parties.
• Negotiation skills.
• Conflict management skills.
• Ability to interpret and apply company policies and procedures.
• Knowledge of the products and services of the company.
• Problem-solving skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Prepares written materials to meet purpose and audience.
• Ability to stay organized and multi-task in a professional and efficient manner.
• Gives attention to detail and follow instructions.
• Establishes goals and works toward achievement.
• Knowledge of human resource management and the ability to manage store personnel relating to recruitment, selection, training, development, motivation, retention, and separation.
• Company Car.
ALDI offers competitive wages and benefits, including:
- 401(k) Plan
- Company 401(k) Matching Contributions
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- PerkSpot National Discount Program
In addition, eligible employees are offered:
- Medical, Prescription, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Generous Vacation Time & 7 Paid Holidays
- Up to 6 Weeks Paid Parental Leave at 100% of pay
- Up to 2 Weeks Paid Caregiver Leave at 100% of pay
- Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Life, Dependent Life and AD&D Insurance
- Voluntary Term Life Insurance
ALDI is committed to equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. As a proud Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), we do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual stereotyping, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), or any other protected characteristic. Employment may be contingent upon ALDI's receipt of an acceptable and job-related drug test, motor vehicle report, and/or reference check, as applicable and permissible by law.
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Keep up on all the latest opportunities at ALDI.Sign Up