Full-Time Assistant Store Manager
5235 N Keystone Ave, Indianapolis, IN, USA, 46220
We're ALDI, one of America's favorite grocers. We've grown a lot in the past few years, expanding our reach and customer base all around the country. Whether it's in customer service or our exceptional products, we owe our success to the efficiencies we create in every corner of our company and the people at each level who make that happen.
Our store employees are the face of the ALDI shopping experience. Their hard work makes it possible to uphold our company philosophy, providing quality products at the best possible price. Their smiles and pleasant demeanors keep customers coming back time and time again. Our store employees work many roles - from store associate to cashier to stocker - while providing excellent customer service. As a store employee, you're also responsible for merchandising product, monitoring inventory and keeping the store looking its best. It's an opportunity to get more out of your career and grow in an exciting environment.
Position Type: Full-Time
Starting Wage: $19.00/hour
Duties and Responsibilities:
Must be able to perform duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
• Assists their direct leader with developing and implementing action plans to improve operating results.
• Establishes and communicates job responsibilities and performance expectations to their direct reports to assure mutual understanding and desired results.
• Identifies training and development opportunities that will assist their direct reports in achieving enhanced performance.
• Understands the overarching company strategy, as well as communicates and models the core values of the organization, to create a sense of teamwork and membership among employees.
• Monitors the competitive environment within the community and informs their direct leader regarding adjustments necessary to maintain the company’s competitive position.
• Provides product feedback to their direct leader, including making recommendations regarding new items to carry or those that should be discontinued.
• Provides input to their direct leader on hiring for positions reporting to them.
• Informs management of major team milestones, developments, and concerns.
• Ensures store personnel adhere to inventory procedures, product handling guidelines, and cash control policies to minimize losses.
• Ensures an appropriate resolution of operational customer concerns in their direct leader’s absence.
• Identifies and rectifies hazards, ensuring proper ergonomics and maintaining store equipment in proper working order.
• Maintains store cleanliness standards and proper store signage at all times.
• Assists their direct leader with maintaining proper stock levels through appropriate product ordering.
• Merchandises product neatly to maximize sales.
• Ensures the quality and freshness of products.
• Assists their direct leader with achieving the store payroll and total loss budget, inventory counts, and training new employees.
• Supervises the day-to-day operations of their team, escalating issues to the appropriate level of support and/or leadership when necessary.
• Assures direct reports complete assigned responsibilities in a timely and effective manner to provide the highest level of customer service for the business.
• Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
• High School Diploma / GED.
• A minimum of 3 years of progressive experience in retail operations.
• A combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge.
• Prior management experience preferred.
• Provides prompt and courteous customer service.
• Ability to operate a cash register efficiently and accurately.
• Ability to safely and properly operate equipment, including: electric/manual hand jack, floor scrubber, and cardboard baler.
• Ability to perform general cleaning duties to company standards.
• Ability to interpret and apply company policies and procedures.
• Knowledge of products and services of the company.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Gives attention to detail and follows instructions.
• Effective time management; maximizes productivity.
• Ability to work both independently and within a team environment.
• Effectively guides employee performance to assure the quality and completion of work assignments.
• Meets any state and local requirements for handling and selling alcoholic beverages.
• Ability to stock merchandise from store receiving to shelving; ability to place product, weighing up to 45 pounds, on shelving at various heights.
• Regularly required to sit, stand, bend, reach, push, pull, lift, carry, and walk about the store.
ALDI offers competitive wages and benefits, including:
- Industry-leading Wages
- Major Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance & Prescription Coverage for Eligible Employees
- Generous Vacation Time & 7 Paid Holidays for Eligible Employees
- 401(k) Plan
- Company Contribution to Retirement Savings Plan
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance for Eligible Employees
- Life and AD&D Insurance for Eligible Employees
ALDI is committed to equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. As a proud Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), we do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual stereotyping, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), or any other protected characteristic. Employment may be contingent upon ALDI’s receipt of an acceptable and job-related background check, drug test, motor vehicle report, and/or reference check, as applicable and permissible by law.