30800 CR 49, Loxley, AL, USA, 36551
We're ALDI, one of America's favorite grocers. We've grown a lot in the past few years, expanding our reach and customer base all around the country. Whether it's in customer service or our exceptional products, we owe our success to the efficiencies we create in every corner of our company and the people at each level who make that happen.
ALDI is one of the fastest-growing retailers in the nation, and we are charting an aggressive growth course to become the third-largest U.S. grocery retailer by store count by the end of 2022. The only question is, where do we do it and what do we build? That's what you'll answer on our real estate team: finding our next locations, negotiating the deals and building our future ALDI sites. Keeping us moving forward can translate into a great move for your career.
Position Type: Full-Time
Duties and Responsibilities:
Must be able to perform duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
• Oversees the construction of new facilities and the remodeling of existing facilities to ensure compliance with governmental codes and ALDI specifications.
• Ensures all proper permits and bonds are secured, final approvals received, lien waivers obtained and bonds closed out.
• Provides oversight and direction during the construction process from groundbreaking through issue of final occupancy permit.
• Ensures work is completed in accordance with construction plans and specifications, to the highest quality standards and within budget as established by the Director Real Estate via regular site visits and supervision of the general contractor.
• Identifies and communicates new ideas and cost saving opportunities to construct or remodel facilities at lower costs.
• Assists the Director Real Estate in the reviewing of engineering, building and site design with selected Architect and Engineering firms.
• Assists Director Real Estate and Operations personnel in determining proper remedies or preventative actions for current store facilities, as needed.
• Advises on any changes or actions to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the team.
• Informs management of recurring issues or when additional team training may be required.
• Works with government officials, utility companies and suppliers to ensure project deadlines are met.
• Assists Director Real Estate in presenting the ALDI concept and plans at various meetings.
• Assists Director Real Estate with site and building cost estimates to aid in the completion of the site evaluation packages.
• Assists Director Real Estate with miscellaneous tasks on an as needed basis.
• Reviews prototype plan updates with the Director Real Estate to ensure all changes approved by the Director Real Estate are implemented on projects.
• Verifies inclusion and application of decisions reached by the National Real Estate and Corporate Offices in construction and administrative procedures.
• Initiates and coordinates ALDI supplied materials to construction projects.
• Communicates with District Managers and office personnel as appropriate.
• Coordinates large maintenance and reset projects for existing stores.
• Communicates and coordinates with the National Real Estate Office as appropriate.
• Verifies needs, costs, and appropriate backup for all proposed change orders and submits to the Director Real Estate for approval.
• Provides first approval for all general contractors’ payment applications and validates the collection of all lien waivers.
• Verifies completion of and approves corrective items from all commissioning reports as part of new or remodeled construction.
• Assists in training and developing team members to retain a motivated and professional workforce.
• Collaborates with team members and communicates relevant information to leadership.
• Upholds the security and confidentiality of documents and data within area of responsibility.
• Other duties as assigned.
ALDI Acts Competencies:
Perform within ALDI Acts competencies as outlined below.
• Collaborates and Cooperates with Team: Commits to and supports a collaborative and high-performing working environment with peers and managers.
• Makes Informed Decisions: Analyzes all information and available resources to make information-based decisions; establishes best practices and articulates rationale and impact of decisions.
• Organizes and Executes with Accuracy: Leverages a systematic, efficient and organized approach while ensuring quality and accuracy of results.
• Plans and Prioritizes: Sets priorities and organizes information in order to efficiently and effectively achieve positive results.
• Thinks Critically and Resolves Problems: Responds to emerging problems in an accurate and timely manner. Where possible, leverages available resources to address situations before they occur.
• Gives attention to detail and follows instruction.
• Prepares written materials to meet purpose and audience.
• Develops and maintains positive relationships with internal and external parties.
• Works cooperatively and collaboratively within a group.
• Understands the history, strategy, organizational authority, interdependence of job duties, products, systems, and services of the company.
• Ability to organize and conduct group meetings including the ability to facilitate group involvement.
• Negotiation skills.
• Ability to interpret and apply company policies and procedures.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Knowledge of design, construction, renovation and rebuilding techniques; ability to build, employ labor, and construct facilities to the desired goal within budget.
• Skill of organizing and directing the work effort of outside resources, and accomplishing a goal on time and within budget.
• Conflict management skills.
• Establishes goals and works toward achievement.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor's Degree in Construction Management, Architecture, Civil Engineering or a related field required.
• A minimum of 5 years of progressive experience in Construction Management, Architecture, Civil Engineering and retail operations required.
• Or, a combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge.
• Work is performed in an office environment where a computer, telephone and other office equipment are used as needed to perform duties.
• Occasionally required to walk through construction zones with heavy equipment.
• Regularly required to sit, reach, grasp, stand and move from one area to another.
• Constantly and repeatedly use keyboard/mouse.
• Occasionally required to push, pull, bend, lift and move up to 25 lbs.
• Local travel required.
• Up to 75%.
ALDI offers competitive wages and benefits, including:
- 401(k) Plan
- Company 401(k) Matching Contributions
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- PerkSpot National Employee Discount Program
In addition, eligible employees are offered:
- Medical, Prescription, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Generous Vacation Time & 7 Paid Holidays
- Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Life, Dependent Life and AD&D Insurance
- Voluntary Term Life Insurance
ALDI is committed to equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. As a proud Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), we do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual stereotyping, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), or any other protected characteristic. Employment may be contingent upon ALDI's receipt of an acceptable and job-related drug test, motor vehicle report, and/or reference check, as applicable and permissible by law.
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Keep up on all the latest opportunities at ALDI.Sign Up