Full-Time Store Manager Trainee
238 Boston Post Rd, Milford, CT, USA, 06460
As a Store Manager Trainee, you’ll train on all aspects of successfully running a store, in preparation for running for your own store. You’ll be involved in supervising day-to-day store activities, ensuring overall store performance, identifying staffing needs, managing schedules, and developing operational action plans while mentoring and developing the team.
Position Type: Full-Time Average
Hours: 40 hours/week
Starting Wage: $26.50 hour with an opportunity to earn $56,620-$82,350/year as a Store Manager
Duties and Responsibilities:
Must be able to perform duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
• Develops and implements action plans to improve operating results.
• Supervises the day-to-day operations of their team assuring direct reports complete assigned responsibilities in a timely and effective manner to provide the highest level of customer service for the business.
• Prepares, manages, and revises weekly schedules, assessing, establishing, and implementing appropriate store staffing levels cooperatively with their direct leader.
• Establishes and communicates job responsibilities and performance expectations to their direct reports to assure mutual understanding and desired results and conducts store meetings.
• Observes work performance, provides coaching, and conducts annual performance evaluations, recommending store personnel for advancement and termination as appropriate.
• Identifies training and development opportunities that will assist their direct reports in achieving enhanced performance
• Assists in the hiring of store personnel by reviewing resumes and employment applications, as well as interviewing candidates.
•Understands the overarching company strategy, as well as communicates and models the core values of the organization, to create a sense of teamwork and membership among employees.
• Achieves store payroll and total loss budgets.
• Manages cash audits in conjunction with their direct leader according to company guidelines
• Monitors the competitive environment within the community and makes recommendations to their direct leader regarding adjustments necessary to maintain a competitive position
• Provides product feedback to their direct leader, including recommendations regarding new items to carry or those that should be discontinued.
• Handles customer concerns and ensures an appropriate resolution.
• Provides a safe environment for employees, customers, and vendors by identifying and rectifying hazards, ensuring proper ergonomics, and maintaining store equipment in proper working order.
• Oversees product merchandising and maintains proper stock levels through appropriate product ordering and CGO-S parameter maintenance.
• Conducts store inventory counts and reconciliations according to company guidelines.
• Ensures proper store signage is maintained at all times, as well as the quality and freshness of ALDI products.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Ability to stock merchandise from store receiving to shelving.
• Ability to place product, weighing up to 45 pounds, on shelving at various heights.
• Regularly required to sit, stand, bend, reach, push, pull, lift, carry and walk about the store.
• Ability to work both independently and within a team environment.
• Effectively guides employee performance to assure the quality and completion of work assignments.
• Ability to evaluate work performance and motivate behavior change among direct reports when necessary.
• Understands and applies management principles concerning budgeting, personnel costs, and overtime expenses.
• Develops rapport, trust, and open communication that enhances the growth and job performance of direct reports.
• Provides prompt and courteous customer service.
• Ability to operate a cash register efficiently and accurately.
• Ability to safely and properly operate equipment, including electric/manual hand jack, floor scrubber, and cardboard baler.
• Ability to perform general cleaning duties to company standards.
• Ability to interpret and apply company policies and procedures.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Gives attention to detail and follows instructions.
• Ability to stay organized and multi-task in a professional and efficient manner.
• Establishes goals and works toward achievement.
• Meets any state and local requirements for handling and selling alcoholic beverages.
Education and Experience
• High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
• A minimum of 3 years of progressive experience in a retail environment.
• A combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge.
• Prior management experience preferred.
• Full-Time Store Manager Trainees will often train at multiple locations and must have flexibility to travel within divisional requirements.
ALDI offers competitive wages and benefits, including:
- 401(k) Plan
- Company 401(k) Matching Contributions
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- PerkSpot National Employee Discount Program
In addition, eligible employees are offered:
- Medical, Prescription, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Generous Vacation Time & 7 Paid Holidays
- Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Life, Dependent Life and AD&D Insurance
- Voluntary Term Life Insurance
ALDI is committed to equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. As a proud Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), we do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual stereotyping, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), or any other protected characteristic. Employment may be contingent upon ALDI's receipt of an acceptable and job-related drug test, motor vehicle report, and/or reference check, as applicable and permissible by law.