HR Project Manager
1100 E Warrenville Rd, Naperville, IL, USA, 60563
Our Human Resources Department is focused on ALDI’s most valuable asset: our people. With teams including Administration, Employee Communications, Payroll & Benefits, Human Resource Information Systems, Legal, Risk & Security, Recruitment, Projects and Training & Development, HR makes sure that ALDI continues to employ talented and motivated people that are focused on preserving the supportive culture we're known for.
Position Type: Full-Time
Work Location: Naperville, IL
This role is eligible to participate in ALDI’s Hybrid Work Program, which allows remote work up to 3 days per week (i.e., work remotely up to 3 days per week; work in-office at least 2 days per week)
Duties and Responsibilities:
Must be able to perform duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
• Supports large-scale, cross-functional national project rollouts in HR from initiation to close and manages scope, develops timelines and identifies/mitigates risks.
• Understands the overarching company strategy, while communicating and modeling the core values of the organization to create a sense of teamwork and membership among employees.
• Cultivates strong and positive working relationships with stakeholders to support successful implementation, adoption, and integration of strategic plans.
• Participates in National and Specialist Committee meetings as requested by their direct leader.
• Advises leadership to source external vendors for applicable services when appropriate.
• Liaises with divisions to ensure timely and efficient communication flow.
• Consults with the business to effectively design and streamline applicable processes within the organization.
• Keeps up-to-date on external best practices and relevant changes to their field/area; communicates updates to leadership.
• Creates appropriate documentation and effectively communicates status and potential organizational changes that may result out of a project’s scope.
• Manages project issues and risks, and reviews the associated impact to project scope, timelines, and resources.
• Manages projects from their assignment and conception to their implementation, documents its deadlines, and prepares status reports to inform the project team and their leader.
• Evaluates feasibility and financial impact related to assigned projects.
• Organizes and manages project meetings and assigns tasks to the project team as required.
• Analyzes working procedures with the objective to identify best practices.
• Communicates and assures compliance with all established company policies and procedures.
• Works cross functionally with various national departments and national committees.
• Assists with one or more of the HR objectives including rollout of HR technology, improvement of total rewards (inclusive of compensation and benefits), enhancement of the selection recruitment process, enhancement of training and development, enhancement of diversity equity & inclusion and/or evaluation of vendor relationships and reduction of vendor associated costs.
• Identifies cost-saving opportunities and potential process improvements.
• Serves as the primary link between their team’s staff and leadership to assure understanding of company goals, objectives, and opportunities for improvement.
• Leads project team members based upon established organizational structure and defined roles and responsibilities.
• Ensures the training, development, and performance of their team’s staff to retain a motivated, professional workforce that achieves their career objectives.
• Recruits and recommends qualified employees for their team’s staff positions.
• Approves all time-off requests for direct reports.
• Establishes and communicates job responsibilities and performance expectations to their team to ensure a mutual understanding of desired results; evaluates performance and achievement of expectations and desired results; resolves internal or external barriers that prohibit successful goal achievement.
• Assesses and recommends appropriate staffing levels.
• Recommends advancement, discipline, termination and specialized training for direct reports.
• Consults with leadership on the development of their team's strategy.
• Manages their team by driving projects and tasks to completion through effective prioritization, work planning, resource allocation, and cross-functional collaboration.
• Other duties as assigned.
ALDI Acts Competencies:
Perform within ALDI Acts competencies as outlined below.
• Managing Self: Seeking feedback, reflecting upon personal behaviors and looking for growth opportunities. Displaying composure, resilience and a positive approach to work.
• Communicating with Impact: Communicating clearly and effectively in written, non-verbal and verbal communication to inform, inspire, motivate and influence. Appreciating the importance of listening, empathy and respect.
• Cooperating with Others: Creating and maintaining mutually beneficial relationships with internal and external stakeholders. Actively consulting, managing conflict and appreciating alternative perspectives and cultures.
• Leading People: Fostering a cooperative leadership style that empowers and motivates. Providing clear expectations and direction. Developing people in their roles and supporting future growth.
• Driving Decisions and Results: Showing ownership by making informed decisions, executing efficiently and taking responsibility for results. Pursuing goals and taking initiative. Using market awareness to better meet the customers' needs (internal and external).
• Managing Change: Demonstrating flexibility and embracing changes to adapt to shifting business needs and emerging technologies. Identifying opportunities for business improvements. Effectively implementing changes in alignment with business goals.
• Ability to recommend, interpret, and/or apply company policies and procedures.
• Gives attention to detail and follows instruction.
• Ability to develop rapport, trust, and open communication that enhances the growth and job performance of direct reports.
• Understands the history, strategy, organizational authority, interdependence of job duties, products, systems, and services of the company.
• Conflict management skills.
• Knowledge of HR practices and a general understanding of the primary functions of HR including benefits, compensation, training, employee relations, recruitment, communications, and HR administration.
• Understands cost/benefit analysis.
• Knowledge of financial analysis strategies and how to effectively apply them in decision-making.
• Negotiation skills.
• Ability to stay organized and multi-task in a professional and efficient manner.
• Ability to facilitate group involvement when conducting meetings.
• Effective time and resource management; maximizes efficiency.
• Develops and maintains positive relationships with internal and external parties.
• Project management skills, including the achievement of desired results within scope, timeline and budget.
• Knowledgeable in SmartSheet.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Project Management, Human Resources or related Business field required.
• 5+ years of demonstrated project management experience required, or a minimum of 3+ years of relevant ALDI experience.
• Project Management Professional (PMP) certification or equivalent preferred.
• Work is performed in an office environment where a computer, telephone and other office equipment are used as needed to perform duties.
• Regularly required to sit, reach, grasp, stand and move from one area to another.
• Constantly and repeatedly use keyboard/mouse.
• Occasionally required to push, pull, bend, lift and move up to 25 lbs.
• Domestic travel required.
• Up to 10%.
ALDI offers competitive wages and benefits, including:
- 401(k) Plan
- Company 401(k) Matching Contributions
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- PerkSpot National Employee Discount Program
In addition, eligible employees are offered:
- Medical, Prescription, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Generous Vacation Time & 7 Paid Holidays
- Up to 6 Weeks Paid Parental Leave at 100% of pay
- Up to 2 Weeks Paid Caregiver Leave at 100% of pay
- Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Life, Dependent Life and AD&D Insurance
- Voluntary Term Life Insurance
ALDI is committed to equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. As a proud Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), we do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual stereotyping, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), or any other protected characteristic. Employment may be contingent upon ALDI's receipt of an acceptable and job-related drug test, motor vehicle report, and/or reference check, as applicable and permissible by law.
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Keep up on all the latest opportunities at ALDI.Sign Up