HRIS SQL Developer
1100 E Warrenville Rd, Naperville, IL, USA, 60563
Our Human Resources Department is focused on ALDI’s most valuable asset: our people. With teams including Administration, Employee Communications, Payroll & Benefits, Human Resource Information Systems, Legal, Risk & Security, Recruitment and Training & Development, HR makes sure that ALDI continues to employ talented and motivated people that are focused on preserving the supportive culture we're known for.
Position Type: Full-Time
Work Location: Naperville, IL
This role is eligible to participate in ALDI’s Hybrid Work Program, which allows remote work up to 3 days per week (i.e., work remotely up to 3 days per week; work in-office at least 2 days per week)
Duties and Responsibilities:
Must be able to perform duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
• Develop complex SQL statements to extract data from multiple tables
• Create and maintain technical documentation
• Modify custom stored procedures, functions, triggers, view, and tables as needed
• Work with IT on developing ETL processes for interfaces
• Work with HRIS colleagues throughout the entire software development lifecycle
• Recommends changes to department plans based on trends, third-party vendor’s feedback, and independent research.
• Represents the department in IT integration projects.
• Makes proposals on procedural and policy changes for the company to increase efficiencies.
• Advises on any changes or actions to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the team.
• Informs management of recurring issues or when additional team training may be required.
• Serves as a technical point-of-contact for assigned functional areas and assists subject matter experts.
• Maintains system security setups, and creates new roles within HRIS systems and any additional systems used by interdependent departments ensuring access is given appropriately to new users based on security rights and needs.
• Maintains and sets up new system configurations.
• Provides ongoing assistance to users of HRIS systems, and assists with developing and delivering user training.
• Ensures that required and necessary documentation is completed and properly maintained in order to provide substantiation and assist with future audits.
• Develops and maintains standard and custom reports to meet the reporting requirements for all levels of the company, and ensures all reports are implemented in a timely manner using high quality data presented in a logical and understandable format.
• Runs periodic audits with system setups and interfaced venders to ensure data consistency and accuracy.
• Collaborates with team members and communicates relevant information to leadership.
• Upholds the security and confidentiality of documents and data within area of responsibility.
• Other duties as assigned.
ALDI Acts Competencies:
Perform within ALDI Acts competencies as outlined below.
• Collaborates and Cooperates with Team: Commits to and supports a collaborative and high-performing working environment with peers and managers.
• Drives for Success: Seizes opportunities and proactively takes concrete actions to complete tasks. Goes the “extra mile” and persistently overcomes obstacles to improve outputs.
• Focuses on the Customer: Seeks to understand underlying customer needs to create value. Drives the team to maintain focus on customers.
• Focuses on Quality: Takes an efficient, analytical approach to solve problems or produce outputs in an accurate and timely manner. Ensures quality and accuracy of results.
• Plans and Prioritizes: Sets priorities and organizes information in order to efficiently and effectively get the job done.
• Gives attention to detail and follows instruction.
• Prepares written materials to meet purpose and audience.
• Develops and maintains positive relationships with internal and external parties.
• Works cooperatively and collaboratively within a group.
• Understands the history, strategy, organizational authority, interdependence of job duties, products, systems, and services of the company.
• Ability to interpret and apply company policies and procedures.
• Understands HRIS systems reporting capabilities and limitations.
• Analyzes and resolves system issues.
• Excellent knowledge of programming and best practices in T-SQL
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Human Resources or a related field required.
• A minimum of 5 years of progressive experience in HRIS Systems required.
• A minimum of 3 years of experience as a SQL Server developer preferred.
• Or, a combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge.
• Work is performed in an office environment where a computer, telephone and other office equipment are used as needed to perform duties.
• Regularly required to sit, reach, grasp, stand and move from one area to another.
• Constantly and repeatedly use keyboard/mouse.
• Occasionally required to push, pull, bend, lift and move up to 25 lbs.
• No travel required.
ALDI offers competitive wages and benefits, including:
- 401(k) Plan
- Company 401(k) Matching Contributions
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- PerkSpot National Employee Discount Program
In addition, eligible employees are offered:
- Medical, Prescription, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Generous Vacation Time & 7 Paid Holidays
- Up to 6 Weeks Paid Parental Leave at 100% of pay
- Up to 2 Weeks Paid Caregiver Leave at 100% of pay
- Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Life, Dependent Life and AD&D Insurance
- Voluntary Term Life Insurance
ALDI is committed to equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. As a proud Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), we do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual stereotyping, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), or any other protected characteristic. Employment may be contingent upon ALDI's receipt of an acceptable and job-related drug test, motor vehicle report, and/or reference check, as applicable and permissible by law.
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Keep up on all the latest opportunities at ALDI.Sign Up