Manager Recruitment Selection Solutions
1100 E Warrenville Rd, Naperville, IL, USA, 60563
We're ALDI, one of America's favorite grocers. We've grown a lot in the past few years, expanding our reach and customer base all around the country. Whether it's in customer service or our exceptional products, we owe our success to the efficiencies we create in every corner of our company and the people at each level who make that happen.
Our Human Resources Department is focused on ALDI’s most valuable asset: our people. With teams including Administration, Employee Communications, Payroll & Benefits, Human Resource Information Systems, Legal, Risk & Security, Recruitment and Training & Development, HR makes sure that ALDI continues to employ talented and motivated people that are focused on preserving the supportive culture we're known for.
Position Type: Full-Time
Duties and Responsibilities:
Must be able to perform duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
• Assures the training, development, and performance of their team’s staff to retain a motivated, professional workforce that achieves their career objectives.
• Approves all time-off requests for direct reports.
• Establishes and communicates job responsibilities and performance expectations to their team to assure mutual understanding of desired results; evaluates performance and achievement of expectations and desired results; resolves internal or external barriers that prohibit successful goal achievement.
• Understands the overarching company strategy, as well as communicates and models the core values, of the organization to create a sense of teamwork and membership among employees.
• Consults with leadership on the development of their team's strategy.
• Advises leadership to source external vendors for applicable services when appropriate.
• Liaises with regions to ensure timely and efficient communication flow.
• Consults with the business to effectively design and streamline applicable processes within the organization.
• Keeps up-to-date on external best practices and relevant changes to their field/area; communicates updates to leadership.
• Acts as a strategic HR business partner to the recruitment selection team, assisting in identifying, employing and negotiating 3rd party contracts for all pre-employment assessments, tools and technology.
• Creates and leads large scale process, tools and technology implementations for ALDI’s recruitment selection team through tracking activities, resolving problems, reviewing and creating recruitment related reports, mitigating risk and recommending appropriate software to increase efficiencies.
• Validates and conducts adverse impact analysis of all selection instruments.
• Liaises with Legal to ensure compliance in recruitment selection initiatives.
• Ensures projects are completed within negotiated scope, quality, timelines and budget.
• Optimizes the selection process through the creation and analysis of recruitment selection reporting and KPIs.
• Ensures optimal utilization of the ATS by: analyzing candidate drop-off rates within the selection process stage, monitoring internal/external system use and maintenance and liaise with HR Systems & Administration teams to recommend and realize potential improvements.
• Oversees contractual relationships with 3rd party vendors and applicable temporary staffing agencies to support recruitment selection initiatives.
• Manages their team by driving projects and tasks to completion through effective prioritization, work planning, resource allocation, and cross-functional collaboration.
• Identifies cost-saving opportunities and potential process improvements.
• Serves as the primary link between their team’s staff and leadership to assure understanding of company goals, objectives, and opportunities for improvement.
• Other duties as assigned.
ALDI Acts Competencies:
Perform within ALDI Acts competencies as outlined below.
• Managing Self: Seeking feedback, reflecting upon personal behaviors and looking for growth opportunities. Displaying composure, resilience and a positive approach to work.
• Communicating with Impact: Communicating clearly and effectively in written, non-verbal and verbal communication to inform, inspire, motivate and influence. Appreciating the importance of listening, empathy and respect.
• Cooperating with Others: Creating and maintaining mutually beneficial relationships with internal and external stakeholders. Actively consulting, managing conflict and appreciating alternative perspectives and cultures.
• Leading People: Fostering a cooperative leadership style that empowers and motivates. Providing clear expectations and direction. Developing people in their roles and supporting future growth.
• Driving Decisions and Results: Showing ownership by making informed decisions, executing efficiently and taking responsibility for results. Pursuing goals and taking initiative. Using market awareness to better meet the customer's needs (internal and external).
• Managing Change: Demonstrating flexibility and embracing changes to adapt to shifting business needs and emerging technologies. Identifying opportunities for business improvements. Effectively implementing changes in alignment with business goals.
• Understands the history, strategy, organizational authority, interdependence of job duties, products, systems, and services of the company.
• Knowledge of talent assessment/selection tools, techniques, and technologies.
• Ability to recommend, interpret, and/or apply company policies and procedures.
• Knowledge of human resources management and the ability to coordinate human resources relating to retention, motivation, reward, discipline, development and separation.
• Ability to establish budgets considering all relevant variables and current financial plans.
• Ability to plan for and use funds to maximize the value of the financial resources of the organization.
• Develops and maintains positive relationships with internal and external parties.
• Understands cost/benefit analysis.
• Prepares written materials to meet purpose and audience.
• Knowledge of financial analysis strategies and how to effectively apply them in decision-making.
• Establishes goals and works toward achievement.
• Ability to facilitate group involvement when conducting meetings.
• Ability to develop rapport, trust, and open communication that enhances the growth and job performance of direct reports.
• Effective organizational, problem-solving, and time management skills; maximizes productivity.
• Gives attention to detail.
• Works cooperatively and collaboratively within a group.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor's Degree in Business, Human Resources, Communications, Business Analytics, Psychology or a related field required.
• A minimum of 5 years of progressive experience in talent acquisition management, with an emphasis in recruitment selection for retail operations.
• Experience with 3rd party vendor relations, SaaS implementations, ATS product integrations and pre-employment assessment validations.
• Experience with recruitment related reporting and reporting systems, preferred IBM Cognos Analytics preferred.
• Or, a combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge.
• Work is performed in an office environment where a computer, telephone and other office equipment are used as needed to perform duties.
• Regularly required to sit, reach, grasp, stand and move from one area to another.
• Constantly and repeatedly use keyboard/mouse.
• Occasionally required to push, pull, bend, lift and move up to 25 lbs.
• Domestic travel required.
• Up to 10%.
ALDI offers competitive wages and benefits, including:
- 401(k) Plan
- Company 401(k) Matching Contributions
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- PerkSpot National Employee Discount Program
In addition, eligible employees are offered:
- Medical, Prescription, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Generous Vacation Time & 7 Paid Holidays
- Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Life, Dependent Life and AD&D Insurance
- Voluntary Term Life Insurance
ALDI is committed to equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. As a proud Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), we do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual stereotyping, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), or any other protected characteristic. Employment may be contingent upon ALDI's receipt of an acceptable and job-related drug test, motor vehicle report, and/or reference check, as applicable and permissible by law.
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Keep up on all the latest opportunities at ALDI.Sign Up