Paralegal Analyst I
1100 E Warrenville Rd, Naperville, IL, USA, 60563
We're ALDI, one of America's favorite grocers. We've grown a lot in the past few years, expanding our reach and customer base all around the country. Whether it's in customer service or our exceptional products, we owe our success to the efficiencies we create in every corner of our company and the people at each level who make that happen.
Our Human Resources Department is focused on ALDI’s most valuable asset: our people. With teams including Administration, Employee Communications, Payroll & Benefits, Human Resource Information Systems, Legal, Risk & Security, Recruitment and Training & Development, HR makes sure that ALDI continues to employ talented and motivated people that are focused on preserving the supportive culture we're known for.
Position Type: Full-Time
Duties and Responsibilities:
Must be able to perform duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
• Communicates and informs leadership of issues, status, and results of assigned tasks.
• Identifies project issues and recommends corrective action as appropriate.
• Recommends process improvements for area of responsibility.
• Supports Legal projects from their assignment through implementation.
• Assists with employment litigation, commercial litigation, subpoena/ records request processing, legal intake and matter management as assigned by the Senior Corporate Counsel.
• Assists in evaluation of feasibility, effectiveness and efficiency of projects and initiatives.
• Prepares and updates project plans and proposes milestones and deadlines for new and ongoing initiatives.
• Prepares status reports to update leadership on ongoing projects.
• Assists in analyzing current company procedures and in identifying best practices.
• Interacts with various internal and external parties involved in the legal process.
• Assists with preparation and analysis of data to identify exposures and risks. Support strategies for reducing costs and transferring risk.
• Performs all assigned tasks accurately, efficiently, timely and within Aldi administrative policy and procedures.
• Acts and decides independently within the delegated area of responsibility.
• Works in a manner that is consistent with the policies and procedures as outlined in the office employee handbook.
• Provides proactive analysis of current projects and analytical review of reported results.
• Maintains professional skills through research, continuing education and training.
• Collaborates with team members and communicates relevant information to leadership.
• Upholds the security and confidentiality of documents and data within area of responsibility.
• Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
• Associate's Degree in Paralegal Studies or a related field.
• A minimum of 3 years of progressive experience in legal services or a related field.
• A combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Paralegal Studies and Paralegal Certificate preferred.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
• Ability to analyze and present complex data.
• Ability to interpret and apply company policies and procedures.
• Understands contracts, corporate resolutions, and other similar corporate items.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Gives attention to detail and follows instructions.
• Ability to work both independently and within a team environment.
• Ability to stay organized and multi-task in a professional and efficient manner.
• Develops and maintains positive relationships with internal and external parties.
• Knowledge of accepted industry standards and practices.
• Thinks critically and analytically.
• Problem-solving skills.
• Analyzes and resolves complex issues.
• Reviews files to determine accuracy and completeness.
ALDI offers competitive wages and benefits, including:
- 401(k) Plan
- Company 401(k) Matching Contributions
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- PerkSpot National Employee Discount Program
In addition, eligible employees are offered:
- Medical, Prescription, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Generous Vacation Time & 7 Paid Holidays
- Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Life, Dependent Life and AD&D Insurance
- Voluntary Term Life Insurance
ALDI is committed to equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. As a proud Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), we do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual stereotyping, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), or any other protected characteristic. Employment may be contingent upon ALDI's receipt of an acceptable and job-related drug test, motor vehicle report, and/or reference check, as applicable and permissible by law.