Sales & Use Tax Analyst I
1100 E Warrenville Rd, Naperville, IL, USA, 60563
We're ALDI, one of America's favorite grocers. We've grown a lot in the past few years, expanding our reach and customer base all around the country. Whether it's in customer service or our exceptional products, we owe our success to the efficiencies we create in every corner of our company and the people at each level who make that happen.
To help save our customers green, we need an amazing team who knows all about it. Our Corporate Administration department oversees the management of the critical resources and infrastructure that our people need to get the job done at every level. This service department is designed to make sure our retail divisions and executive leadership receive the support they need to run a successful operation. Within Finance our teams include: Accounting, Corporate Tax, Financial Reporting and Treasury and Finance.
Position Type: Full-Time
Duties and Responsibilities:
Must be able to perform duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
• Analyzes and maintains appropriate tax rates for the various products sold in the many jurisdictions the company does business.
• Researches tax law to ensure it is applied appropriately by the company.
• Gains an understanding of current processes to then assist with improving and streamlining these processes as the company continues to grow.
• Prepares annual reports and cash flow analysis, reviews various tax issues at the divisional/corporate level, and maintains and administers the Tax Calendar.
• Manages and coordinates support for sales and use tax audits.
• Administers Personal Property tax return and Real Property preparation, assessment, and payment.
• Reconciles and reviews tax accounts and prepares necessary journal entries.
• Collaborates with team members and communicates relevant information to direct leader.
• Upholds the security and confidentiality of documents and data within area of responsibility.
• Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field.
• A minimum of 1 year of relevant experience.
• A combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
• Ability to interpret and apply company policies and procedures.
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
• Gives attention to detail and follows instructions.
• Ability to work both independently and within a team environment.
• Ability to understand, reconcile, and substantiate balances in associated General Ledger accounts.
• Ability to stay organized and multi-task in a professional and efficient manner.
• Communicates and works well with others.
• Ability to reconcile and analyze accounts.
• Ability to prioritize and work under strict deadlines.
• Problem-solving skills.
ALDI offers competitive wages and benefits, including:
- 401(k) Plan
- Company 401(k) Matching Contributions
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- PerkSpot National Employee Discount Program
In addition, eligible employees are offered:
- Medical, Prescription, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Generous Vacation Time & 7 Paid Holidays
- Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Life, Dependent Life and AD&D Insurance
- Voluntary Term Life Insurance
ALDI is committed to equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. As a proud Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), we do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual stereotyping, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), or any other protected characteristic. Employment may be contingent upon ALDI's receipt of an acceptable and job-related drug test, motor vehicle report, and/or reference check, as applicable and permissible by law.