Skip the coffee runs. Forget hanging out in the copy room. Don't even think about twiddling those thumbs. Here, interns are a pretty big deal. We're in your corner, helping you get where you're going with hands-on projects and real responsibilities. So, when your dream job comes knocking, you'll be ready.
The ALDI tax internship program provides opportunities with exposure to various areas of corporate tax. These areas include federal, state, and international income tax, sales and use tax, property tax, and credits and incentives. The ALDI tax intern is provided with tools and training to gain professional skills and experience to allow concepts learned in tax class to be applied to real world applications. The ALDI tax internship program aims to provide a meaningful work experience with an opportunity to learn from experienced tax professionals. Potential candidates should be interested in corporate tax. During the internship you’ll interact with various tax team members, a Peer Advisor, and Direct Leader to prepare for a career in corporate tax.
ALDI's National Services Summer 2024 internship is a paid, hands-on 12-week program designed to develop and prepare you for a future in the business world. As an ALDI Intern you will be challenged both creatively and analytically, while adding value to an innovative company. This position will provide you with the opportunity to develop stronger organizational, communication, and time management skills as well as the opportunity to build your personal network. As you progress through the Internship program our management team will work alongside you to develop your understanding of ALDI's Accounting & Financial business structure. During your time here, you'll work on a Capstone project that you will present to ALDI leadership at the end of your 12th week.
Position Type: Full-Time
Hours: 40 hours per week / 12-week program
Wage: $20.00 per hour + eligibility for overtime
Work Location: Naperville, IL
This role is eligible to participate in ALDI’s Hybrid Work Program, which allows remote work up to 3 days per week (i.e., work remotely up to 3 days per week; work in-office at least 2 days per week).
Duties and Responsibilities:
Must be able to perform duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
• Supports assigned National Services department by completing administrative tasks and fulfilling requests as assigned by their direct leader.
• Performs all assigned tasks accurately, efficiently and in accordance with applicable policies and procedures.
• Works closely with members of assigned team to develop subject matter knowledge.
• Works closely with assigned peer advisor.
• Attends company/department/team trainings and internship meetings as appropriate.
• Maintains a high level of professionalism by demonstrating excellent attendance, adhering to company guidelines, meeting objectives thoroughly and on time, etc.
• Completion of a Capstone project and presentation as assigned by your Direct Leader.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to stay organized and multi-task in a professional and efficient manner.
• Works cooperatively and collaboratively within a group.
• Establishes goals and works toward achievement.
• Gives attention to detail and follows instructions.
• Effective time management; maximizes productivity.
• Ability to apply creative solutions.
• Problem-solving skills.
• Ability to prioritize and work under strict deadlines.
• Prepares written materials to meet purpose and audience.
Education and Experience:
• In current pursuit of an Associate’s, Bachelor’s, or Master's Degree in a relevant field.
• Work may be performed in an office, remote office or a combination of both where a computer and office equipment may be used as needed to perform duties.
• Regularly required to sit, reach, grasp, stand and move from one area to another.
• Constantly and repeatedly use keyboard/mouse.
• Occasionally required to push, pull, bend, lift and move up to 25 lbs.
• Minimal travel required as needed for job related duties such as training, project work and administrative tasks.
ALDI offers competitive wages and benefits, including:
- 401(k) Plan
- Company 401(k) Matching Contributions
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- PerkSpot National Discount Program
In addition, eligible employees are offered:
- Medical, Prescription, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Generous Vacation Time & 7 Paid Holidays
- Up to 6 Weeks Paid Parental Leave at 100% of pay
- Up to 2 Weeks Paid Caregiver Leave at 100% of pay
- Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Life, Dependent Life and AD&D Insurance
- Voluntary Term Life Insurance
ALDI is committed to equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. As a proud Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), we do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual stereotyping, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), or any other protected characteristic. Employment may be contingent upon ALDI's receipt of an acceptable and job-related drug test, motor vehicle report, and/or reference check, as applicable and permissible by law.