Tax Senior Analyst
1100 E Warrenville Rd, Naperville, IL, USA, 60563
We're ALDI, one of America's favorite grocers. We've grown a lot in the past few years, expanding our reach and customer base all around the country. Whether it's in customer service or our exceptional products, we owe our success to the efficiencies we create in every corner of our company and the people at each level who make that happen.
To help save our customers green, we need an amazing team who knows all about it. Our Corporate Administration department oversees the management of the critical resources and infrastructure that our people need to get the job done at every level. This service department is designed to make sure our retail divisions and executive leadership receive the support they need to run a successful operation. Within Finance our teams include: Accounting, Corporate Tax, Financial Reporting and Treasury and Finance.
Position Type: Full-Time
Duties and Responsibilities:
Must be able to perform duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
• Provides input to management concerning personnel hiring and performance.
• Advises on any changes or actions to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the team.
• Informs management of recurring issues or when additional team training may be required.
• Assists management in assuring compliance with established operating policies and procedures.
• Maintains a thorough understanding of business processes; identifies and recommends changes to tax procedures to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
• Maintains, manages, and has a complete understanding of the list of tax filing requirements and open issues.
• Assures that required and necessary documentation is completed and properly maintained in order to provide substantiation and assistance with future audits.
• Assists their direct leader with all project management related responsibilities.
• Effectively communicates status of projects to all participants.
• Assists in training and developing team members to retain a motivated and professional workforce.
• Collaborates with team members and communicates relevant information to leadership.
• Upholds the security and confidentiality of documents and data within area of responsibility.
• Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field.
• A minimum of 5 years of progressive experience in Accounting and Finance.
• A combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge.
• Ability to recommend, interpret and apply company policies and procedures.
• Knowledge of the process for recording, classifying, and summarizing financial transactions in accordance with company, statutory, tax, cost, and reporting requirements.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
• Prepares written materials to meet purpose and audience.
• Develops and maintains positive relationships with internal and external parties.
• Understands cost/benefit analysis.
• Knowledge of financial analysis strategies.
• Negotiation skills, conflict management skills, and problem-solving skills.
• Establishes goals and works toward achievement.
• Effective time-management; maximizes productivity.
• Gives attention to detail and follows instructions.
• Works cooperatively and collaboratively within a group.
• Ability to identify and use IT solutions to increase tax efficiencies.
• Ability to identify and research tax technical issues and write appropriate memoranda.
• Ability to work with internal and external parties to identify and resolve tax related issues.
ALDI offers competitive wages and benefits, including:
- Industry-leading Wages
- Major Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance & Prescription Coverage for Eligible Employees
- Generous Vacation Time & 7 Paid Holidays for Eligible Employees
- 401(k) Plan
- Company Contribution to Retirement Savings Plan
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance for Eligible Employees
- Life and AD&D Insurance for Eligible Employees
ALDI is committed to equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. As a proud Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), we do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual stereotyping, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), or any other protected characteristic. Employment may be contingent upon ALDI’s receipt of an acceptable and job-related drug test, motor vehicle report, and/or reference check, as applicable and permissible by law.