Full-Time Lead Store Associate
1350 E Main Street, Ravenna, OH, USA, 44266
We're ALDI, one of America's favorite grocers. We've grown a lot in the past few years, expanding our reach and customer base all around the country. Whether it's in customer service or our exceptional products, we owe our success to the efficiencies we create in every corner of our company and the people at each level who make that happen.
Our store employees are the face of the ALDI shopping experience. Their hard work makes it possible to uphold our company philosophy, providing quality products at the best possible price. Their smiles and pleasant demeanors keep customers coming back time and time again. Our store employees work many roles - from store associate to cashier to stocker - while providing excellent customer service. As a store employee, you're also responsible for merchandising product, monitoring inventory and keeping the store looking its best. It's an opportunity to get more out of your career and grow in an exciting environment.
Position Type: Full-Time
Starting Wage: $13.70/hour
Duties and Responsibilities:
Must be able to perform duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
• Provides product feedback to store management, including making recommendations regarding new items to carry or those that should be discontinued.
• Discusses resource allocation and task delegation for the team with leadership.
• Regularly communicates information and updates to leadership.
• Supervises that store personnel comply with the company’s customer satisfaction guidelines, demonstrate appropriate interactions with customers and co-workers, and maintain store cleanliness standards at all times.
• Ensures an appropriate resolution of operational customer concerns in the absence of store management.
• Ensures a safe environment for employees, customers, and vendors by identifying and rectifying hazards, ensuring proper ergonomics, and maintaining store equipment in proper working order.
• Merchandises product neatly to maximize sale, ensures proper store signage is maintained at all times, and ensures the quality and freshness of ALDI products.
• Participates in taking store inventory counts according to guidelines, and supervises that store personnel adhere to inventory procedures and product handling guidelines.
• Assists with product ordering as directed by, or in the absence of, store management.
• Supervises that store personnel comply with all established company policies and procedures, including cash control policies and procedures to minimize losses.
• Leads peers on tasks and/or projects, acting as a first point of contact.
• Communicates and models job responsibilities, performance expectations, and the values of the company.
• Assists in the training of new employees and the ongoing development of the team.
• Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
• High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
• Prior work experience in a retail environment preferred.
• A combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge.
• Provides prompt and courteous customer service.
• Ability to operate a cash register efficiently and accurately.
• Ability to safely and properly operate equipment, including: electric/manual hand jack, floor scrubber, and cardboard baler.
• Ability to perform general cleaning duties to company standards.
• Ability to interpret and apply company policies and procedures.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to perform basic administrative duties such as filing, filling out forms, counting and basic arithmetic equations.
• Gives attention to detail and follows instructions.
• Ability to work both independently and within a team environment.
• Understands and applies management principles concerning budgeting, personnel costs, and overtime expenses.
• Develops rapport, trust, and open communication that enhances the growth and job performance of store personnel.
• Ability to organize, prioritize and multi-task in a professional and efficient manner.
• Ability to utilize store computers and related programs.
• Meets any state and local requirements for handling and selling alcoholic beverages.
• Regularly required to sit, stand, bend, reach, push, pull, lift, carry, and walk about the store.
• Ability to stock merchandise from store receiving to shelving.
• Ability to place product, weighing up to 45 pounds, on shelving at various heights.
ALDI offers competitive wages and benefits, including:
- Industry-leading Wages
- Major Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance & Prescription Coverage for Eligible Employees
- Generous Vacation Time & 7 Paid Holidays for Eligible Employees
- 401(k) Plan
- Company Contribution to Retirement Savings Plan
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance for Eligible Employees
- Life and AD&D Insurance for Eligible Employees
ALDI is committed to equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. As a proud Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), we do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual stereotyping, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), or any other protected characteristic. Employment may be contingent upon ALDI’s receipt of an acceptable and job-related background check, drug test, motor vehicle report, and/or reference check, as applicable and permissible by law.