Full-Time Manager Trainee
901 17th St, NE, Washington, DC, USA, 20002
We're ALDI, one of America's favorite grocers. We've grown a lot in the past few years, expanding our reach and customer base all around the country. Whether it's in customer service or our exceptional products, we owe our success to the efficiencies we create in every corner of our company and the people at each level who make that happen.
Our store employees are the face of the ALDI shopping experience. Their hard work makes it possible to uphold our company philosophy, providing quality products at the best possible price. Their smiles and pleasant demeanors keep customers coming back time and time again. Our store employees work many roles - from store associate to cashier to stocker - while providing excellent customer service. As a store employee, you're also responsible for merchandising product, monitoring inventory and keeping the store looking its best. It's an opportunity to get more out of your career and grow in an exciting environment.
Position Type: Full-Time
Starting Wage: $27/hour* with an opportunity to earn $90,000-$110,000/year as a Store Manager *Averages 40 hours/week
Duties and Responsibilities:
Must be able to perform duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
• Assists management with developing and implementing action plans to improve operating results.
• Assures the training, development, and performance of their team’s staff to retain a motivated, professional workforce that achieves their career objectives.
• Recruits and recommends qualified employees for their team’s staff positions.
• Approves all time-off requests for direct reports.
• Establishes and communicates job responsibilities and performance expectations to their team to assure mutual understanding of desired results; resolves internal or external barriers that prohibit successful goal achievement.
• Understands the overarching company strategy, as well as communicates and models the core values, of the organization to create a sense of teamwork and membership among employees.
• Monitors the competitive environment within the community and informs management regarding adjustments necessary to maintain the company’s competitive position.
• Provides product feedback to the management, including making recommendations regarding new items to carry or those that should discontinued.
• Consults with leadership on the development of their team's strategy.
• Advises leadership to source external vendors for applicable services when appropriate.
• Liaises with regions to ensure timely and efficient communication flow.
• Consults with the business to effectively design and streamline applicable processes within the organization.
• Keeps up-to-date on external best practices and relevant changes to their field/area; communicates updates to leadership.
• Ensures an appropriate resolution of operational customer concerns in management’s absence.
• Ensures a safe environment for employees, customers and vendors by identifying and rectifying hazards, ensuring proper ergonomics and maintaining store equipment in proper working order.
• Takes inventory counts according to guidelines and assists management with maintaining proper stock levels through appropriate product ordering and CGO-S parameter maintenance.
• Ensures proper store signage is maintained at all times.
• Ensures the quality and freshness of products and merchandises product neatly to maximize sales.
• Ensures store personnel comply with all established company policies and procedures.
• Assists management with achieving the store payroll and total loss budget.
• Manages their team by driving projects and tasks to completion through effective prioritization, work planning, resource allocation, and cross-functional collaboration.
• Identifies cost-saving opportunities and potential process improvements.
• Serves as the primary link between their team’s staff and leadership to assure understanding of company goals, objectives, and opportunities for improvement.
• Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
• High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
• A combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge.
• Prior work experience in a retail environment and prior management experience.
• Provides prompt and courteous customer service.
• Ability to operate a cash register efficiently and accurately.
• Ability to safely and properly operate equipment, including: electric/ and manual hand jacks, floor scrubber and cardboard baler. • Ability to perform general cleaning duties to company standards.
• Ability to recommend, interpret and/or apply ALDI operating policies and procedures.
• Excellent written and verbal communication.
• Performs basic administrative duties such as filing and filling out forms.
• Gives attention to detail and follows instruction.
• Ability to work both independently and within a team environment.
• Ability to supervise store personnel in the store manager’s absence to ensure the timely and effective completion of work assignments.
• Understands and applies management principles concerning budgeting, personnel costs, and overtime expenses.
• Ability to develop rapport, trust and open communication that enhances the growth and job performance of direct reports.
• Ability to prioritize and work under strict deadlines.
• Meets any state and local requirements for handling and selling alcoholic beverages.
• Regularly required to sit, stand, bend, reach, push, pull, lift, carry and walk about the store.
• Ability to stock merchandise from store receiving to shelving; ability to place product, weighing up to 45 pounds, on shelving at various heights.
ALDI offers competitive wages and benefits, including:
- Industry-leading Wages
- Major Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance & Prescription Coverage for Eligible Employees
- Generous Vacation Time & 7 Paid Holidays for Eligible Employees
- 401(k) Plan
- Company Contribution to Retirement Savings Plan
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance for Eligible Employees
- Life and AD&D Insurance for Eligible Employees
ALDI is committed to equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. As a proud Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), we do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual stereotyping, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), or any other protected characteristic. Employment may be contingent upon ALDI’s receipt of an acceptable and job-related drug test, motor vehicle report, and/or reference check, as applicable and permissible by law.