Diversity Strengthens Us.
Our goal is to build a space where everyone who walks through our doors feels welcome. That means upholding our guiding principles of diversity, equity & inclusion (DE&I) and enacting change that lasts in our communities. Through this commitment, we celebrate both employees and customers who bring different backgrounds, perspectives and experiences — from all walks of life.LEARN MORE ABOUT DE&I AT ALDI
Our DE&I journey.
One of our core values at ALDI is responsibility. To demonstrate that we live this value, we must invest in understanding the ways in which our society is not fair or open to all our customers and our colleagues. And where we see unfairness in our stores, teams or communities, we have a responsibility to address it. And we are taking action to do that. Our commitment to DE&I includes:
- Proudly supporting the United Negro College Fund (UNCF) for over 30 years.
- Partnership with INROADS, the largest nonprofit provider of paid internships for diverse students in America for over 20 years with over $450,000 in scholarship assistance.
- An Inclusive Resource Library: A catalog of curated resources intended to enhance self-discovery, encourage employees to start the conversation and to continue their DE&I learning journey.
- ALDI Talk: An inclusive leadership webinar series designed to educate ALDI leaders on courageous diversity topics and support their inclusive leadership journey.
- The Hispanic Scholarship Fund empowers students and parents with the knowledge and resources they need to successfully complete higher education — which aligns with the commitments ALDI has made to support diversity, equity and inclusion in our communities. In the 2022-2023 school year, we supported 21 scholars. As a company, we also donated $50,000 to the scholarship fund in 2022 and 2023.
ALDI is committed to increasing the focus on diversity, equity & inclusion in community programs through employee volunteering, donations, new partnerships and a supplier inclusion platform. Our commitments include:
Racial Equity Fund5-year Racial Equity Fund for community donations to national organizations such as Big Brothers Big Sisters of America and Boys & Girls Clubs of America and Chicagoland nonprofits such as My Block, My Hood, My City.
Hope Chicago4-year partnership with Hope Chicago, providing scholarship assistance to communities with the least access to post-secondary education.
DonationsDonating to Boys & Girls Clubs of America, Big Brothers Big Sisters of America, United Negro College Fund, Hispanic Scholarship Fund and Feeding America’s Equity Impact Fund.
ALDI Cares Community Gift CardsIntegrated a DE&I focus with the ALDI community gift cards divisional donation budget to encourage partnerships with diverse and inclusive organizations.
Feeding AmericaFunding to support food insecurity, disaster relief efforts and the Food Security Equity Impact Fund.
View a Complete List of ALDI Awards
Our people drive our success.
Our culture is built from core values that define ALDI: consistency, simplicity and responsibility. Here, everyone is empowered to achieve something remarkable — for their futures, their teams and themselves. We are also committed to making every moment matter to you. We take care of our people by showing kindness, saying ‘Thank you’, providing work-life balance, development opportunities and a great working environment.
WOMEN WHO EXCEL
Here at ALDI, women hold over half of all manager and executive leadership roles. We’re shining a spotlight on some of our talented women employees.
Celebrating employee culture in ALDI Inclusion Groups.
ALDI Inclusion Groups are employee-led organizations that celebrate the unique perspectives and experiences of ALDI team members. Employees within our National Services and Divisional offices, regardless of background, are encouraged to join and build stronger connections with their peers. Current ALDI Inclusion Groups include:
For employees who are working parents or caregivers and supportive allies.
For employees with Racial/Ethnic/Cultural Backgrounds and Supportive Allies.
For employees who identify as women and supportive allies.
For employees who identify as LGBTQ+ and supportive allies.
For employees who are Veterans or Active Duty in the U.S. Armed Forces.
Military and veterans.
ALDI is a proud supporter of current U.S. military personnel, veterans and their families. Find out what it’s like for veterans to join our team.LEARN MORE ABOUT MILITARY CAREERS AT ALDI
Hear from our ALDI VeteransMilitary and Veteran Videos
"In the military, in order to be successful in achieving your goals and accomplishing your mission, you have to work effectively as a team. And at ALDI, we do that every single day."-District Manager